+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1153

Thread: Caiman passive output mod revealed

I'm Jim.

Default Caiman passive output mod revealed

I'm definitely suspecting the caps are strangling the vocals somewhat and pushing them to the back of the stage slightly.
    I'm also finding the sibilance quite a distraction.
    My caps are on the slow boat from China so I have no doubt the current caps will have plenty of time to settle in.
    Thanks very much for your help by the way, it's been much appreciated.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just noticed your location - I was going to offer to pop some well burnt in ones in the post but I suspect that would be futile! Oh well!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Just noticed your location - I was going to offer to pop some well burnt in ones in the post but I suspect that would be futile! Oh well!
    Depends, if they are a set of Black Gates, I'll happily camp by my post box in anticipation.
    I can't believe how much a set of FK 47uF are worth, are they actually worth it?
    Funnily enough, post from the UK only takes about 5 days to arrive.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Yes, you will lose the headphones (obviously!), check to polarity of the caps if using 'lytics, see page 12 post 117. You may need to check to input impedance of your amp so as to select a decent sized cap that wont cause a LF roll-off
    As you have mentioned the loss of the h/p facility on the Caiman, I think it might be worth saying that in relation to the 7510 the "wire" mod takes the h/p facility out. I suspect it may also take the variable output out (but I have not tested this).

I am currently downsizing my system and going to an h/p system. I had never tried the h/p output on the 7510 and thought I would give it a go. Plugged in......Nothing. Just as thought I removed the "wire" mod and bingo....Sound! If Stan is re-instating his mods page - might put back the 7510 mods and those that don't know, will then see what the wire mod was

I did the passive mod to the 7510 (which is a different beast to the Caiman) and used the variable sockets by cutting the links to the board and wiring direct. I assumed that when I re-connected them that I had made a mistake as I got no sound. However the "wire" mod may have been the culprit. Must give it a try.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Jim.

Has anyone found that there's a popping sound between tracks with this mod?
    Only seems to be when queuing up a new track.

MartinT Guest

I think you only get that noise if you bypass the muting relays. I don't get it any more since going with the Gator upgrade.

I'm Jim.

is the Gator board still available? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

MartinT Guest

Try asking StanleyB directly?

I'm Jim.

I'll send him a PM

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

10th April - see here
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread