+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Music Collections: How Do You Store Yours?

MartinT Guest

Nice idea, Andr'e.

I do like having my CD towers on display, though. It's a sort of rebellion against my friend's stark rooms with no books or music in sight and all seats angled towards the TV.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    It's a sort of rebellion against my friend's stark rooms with no books or music in sight and all seats angled towards the TV.
    One man's stark is another man's tranquillity - mind you I don't like the TV thing, my sofa is positioned perfectly for me' Harbies
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Nice idea, Andr'e.

I do like having my CD towers on display, though. It's a sort of rebellion against my friend's stark rooms with no books or music in sight and all seats angled towards the TV.
    fully agree with you on this one Martin, there is something rewarding about having the CD's out for people to see
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Nobody.

Like wat

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Like wat
    Honestly Andre, I am not entirely sure maybe it is when people see the vast amount (more than 30 or so that they may have) CD's and comment... it feels rewarding.

Although they are probably thinking that I am (in their eyes) mad for buying so many!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

When people step into my lounge they won't ever see a CD, or anywhere else for that matter, unless its lying around waiting to be ripped
    Can't think of anything worse TBH than having shelves and shelves of the darn things making the place look untidy, which it truly does when you have so many
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Nobody.

+1

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    When people step into my lounge they won't ever see a CD, or anywhere else for that matter, unless its lying around waiting to be ripped
    Can't think of anything worse TBH than having shelves and shelves of the darn things making the place look untidy, which it truly does when you have so many
    Amazing how each person is different

I'm joe.

The pile of CDs atop the right-hand speaker is becoming unstable, so some may soon need to join their fellows upstairs.

I'm Graham.

mine are all tucked away in here

Main System
    FLAC -> Synology DS413j NAS -> SB Touch -> CA DacMagic -> Icon Audeo Sterio 40i -> LV Auditorium

Office System
    FLAC -> Ubuntu server running LMS -> SB3 -> Kenwood Amp (from the 80's) -> Mordaunt-Short MS.3.40

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast