+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Now you'll have to change your avatar Karl . . .

Congratulations on a lovely deck and hopefully a result you're after. Love the classic design and chunky controls.

Mad/brave, whatever but it takes guts to start over like that so fair play mate.

I don't doubt it will best the LP12, (in most ways) that arm is superb looking although I haven't heard one but they have an excellent rep and a real look of quality.
    Christ, I will have to set aside a full evening to write a new avatar with all the changes going on over here. Thanks though mate.

Yeah it took a bit of bottle to go in blind but what’s the worse that can happen? I’m not blown away(highly unlikely) , and all this stuff I’ve bought is top gear so it sells itself pretty quickly if I wanted to try something else . I’m pretty confident this one will be around for a few years though . Ive gone all out and tried to make it end game spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Adrian.

Karl, it looks stunning, will be lovely to see it all set up and finished, very interested to hear what the listening experience is, I am sure it will be great.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Karl, it looks stunning, will be lovely to see it all set up and finished, very interested to hear what the listening experience is, I am sure it will be great.
    Cheers mate . As soon as it’s up and running I will add my thoughts. I have a feeling it will be pretty special

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Graham.

Wow, that looks amazing. Great job 😃

I'm Neil.

The Track Audio feet are excellent.
    Regards Neil

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    The Track Audio feet are excellent.
    I can tell that they will be top , top quality. They weigh a bloody ton and a great design and they look bloody lovely too

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Wow, that looks amazing. Great job
    Cheers

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Another vote for the LDA supply, it's a great bit of kit.

The TT looks great, and with that arm should sounds fabulous. I have a NOS 401 in storage that I must sort out sometime- have a Sumiko The Arm to put on it, should be a decent sounding combo.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Another vote for the LDA supply, it's a great bit of kit.

The TT looks great, and with that arm should sounds fabulous. I have a NOS 401 in storage that I must sort out sometime- have a Sumiko The Arm to put on it, should be a decent sounding combo.
    Oh great. I doubt you would have to do much to get her going. A regrease of linkages and fresh bearing oil/grease and a good dust and you’ll be off I reckon. Or worst case send it to ray for a peace of mind service and it will be good for another 50 years.

I'm Mike.

That looks fabulous and will undoubtedly trounce your LP12.

I went from an LP12 to a modded Lenco, then to a 401, then to an SP-10 MkII, then finally (?) to a G99, which is where I'm sticking. The idlers came out top every time I haven't owned a 301 but the 401's bass and emotional connection to the music were jaw dropping, I'm sure you'll be well pleased with it.

Great work !
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast