+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What about some of the other DD tables?

Got a Denon DP-62L on the way Wed, local pickup, so we'll see how it stacks up to the 1200. Should be fun. Just picked up an ARC REF Phono 2, so it will be easy to put the same carts on both tables and switch between inputs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well I'm putting my modded Techy up against an L-07D and one of those mad Nakamichi things tomorrow night!
    I've come across a few things of late that might be of interest regarding Nakamichi's computing turntables.

This:

And this, an editorial / feature from Positive Feedback about the benefits of a self-centring turntable, which I found a very interesting read.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue33/tx1000.htm
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Guy.

It looks great & the accompanying article also makes for interesting reading. Thanks for posting both.

Despite what the article says, I can't see many manufacturers having the wherewithal to engineer something like this from scratch. Most turntable manufacturers are tiny companies and any such small company trying to do it would end up with a product that was staggeringly expensive and therefore beyond the means of almost everyone.

Sadly, I don't think it will happen.

I'd like to have a play with one of the Nak's though.

The Denon is surprisingly good! Resisting the urge to machine a new armboard and install my Triplanar.....
    Jeff.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Is the Denon plinth ok, as this was a weakness in early ones?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I saw a Luxman PD-121 DD turntable fitted with a Denon DA-309 tonearm with an AT-OC9ML cartridge for $200.00 U.S. in near perfect condition, the cart had only a few hours on it the ad said, come on Craigslist.

Thinking I could keep the table and sell the arm for what I paid for the lot, then fit it with a Jelco.

I immediately emailed the seller and he emailed me saying he still had it and we could set up something.

Before I got a chance to email him back saying I will be there. He sent me another email saying the person he is selling it for told him he wants it back so the sale is off.

Nearly snagged a very fine turntable for next to nothing or did he realize what he could get for it?
    Phillip.

Records... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the turntable Perspective. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new records, to seek out new artists and new sounds, to boldly go where no hyper elliptical diamond stylus has gone before!

Polk Audio SDA 1C + Yamaha C4 / M2 + Custom Made DIY Phono Stage + Pro-Ject Perspective + Pro-Ject Speed Box II + Benz Micro Ace = Magic.

Jeff, lots of Japanese manufactures whose vintage turntables [DD/belt drive] I admire. Would I mind spinning my records with a Luxman, Kenwood, Technics, Exclusive/Pioneer or a Micro Seiki ? Sure not.
    Damn fine beautiful turntables, yet pricey but affordable compared to today's small production audio operations.
    My two cents

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    and Pioneer PL-71 with DIY supply and re-bodied 103R. All three have their strengths and all three work wonderfully well....
    DIY supply for your PL-71 is interesting, having got a PL-71 myself. So what improvement did it give you over the native one inside?

What sort PSU / regulation circuit did you use?

Cheers / Steve

I'm Mark.

The July edition of Hi Fi World has arrived in the US and the Brinkmann Bardo does look good,
    especialy with the 10.5 tonearm.
    I think you could make your own tonearm pods and add additional tonearms if required.
    My local dealer carries Brinkamann, so I think I will stop by and see if he has one of
    these puppies on display and I see how it looks in the flesh.
    (Also I wonder how much it costs in US$, what with the decline of the Euro)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567