+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Reinstalled raspberry pi 3 but having issues

I'm ahto.

OK scratch what I said earlier then. I do remember getting Volumio to work was a real pain initially. I had to google massively - the answers are out there though.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Colin.

Well bizarrely my first attempt was straight forward burt this has been a bit of a chore.

I'm Colin.

Sorry folks back having similar problems again. New Pi4 installed . If I go on Fing, it shows me the device, which I have enabled for WiFi. I was have reloaded volumio and it is searching for the device, if I add the IP address that is listed in fing Volumio just can’t see it?

Not sure what’s the next step. The reason I wanted volumio is that i do like it and my son uses it. However it seems to be a pain to set up albeit it’s supposed to be straight forward. Any new tips appreciated

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Sorry folks back having similar problems again. New Pi4 installed . If I go on Fing, it shows me the device, which I have enabled for WiFi. I was have reloaded volumio and it is searching for the device, if I add the IP address that is listed in fing Volumio just can’t see it?

Not sure what’s the next step. The reason I wanted volumio is that i do like it and my son uses it. However it seems to be a pain to set up albeit it’s supposed to be straight forward. Any new tips appreciated
    Sounds like to me it’s reporting the wrong IP Address.

If you have a phone iPad, download network analyzer and do a new search for Volumio on your network, then add manually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post

Not sure what you mean when you say Volumio is searching for the device (presume you mean the Pi) and can't see it.

I have Volumio installed on the card in the Pi so Volumio "is" the device. I use the Chrome Web browser on my phone to access Volumio for set up of the DAC output device etc. And Squeezer to play music off the plugged in USB harddrive via the Squeezelite/LMS addins in Volumio.

How is yours set up?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Colin.

So looking for a network analyser as the named product requires ios13 and my iPad is up to date an£ won’t support it. Will find another. My pi4 is set up to feed directly into my amp dac and I control it with my iPad as I did previously. The “device”is Volumio yes

I'm Mike.

I might be wrong but i have a funny feeling that you need to go into the pi and setup wi-fi if you want that to work via Volumio, I think the default Volumio disables the WiFi.

Best to go into the Volumio support pages and check there.

Here's what I found in the Volumio help pages:

NETWORK CONNECTION
    Volumio works best when it is connected to your network, since it is meant to be used as a headless device: no monitor connected, and controlled via another device (PC, smartphone, tablet etc)
    To connect Volumio to your network, simply attach an ethernet cable to it before starting it up
    If no ethernet is available, you can connect to its Hotspot (see below) and connect to your Wireless network. To do so, go to Settings -> Network and connect it from there
    IMPORTANT Do not configure your network manually via SSH, this can lead to issues and malfunctions

VOLUMIO HOTSPOT
    If your device has wireless capabilities (and a supported Wireless card) Volumio will create a Wireless network called Volumio, the default password is volumio2
    The Hotspot mode will allow you to connect to your Wireless network without the need for a wired connection, just connect to Volumio Hotspot and configure your network in the Network options page
    Once your Wireless network has been configured, Volumio will automatically disable the Hotspot
    If, for whatever reason, your configured Wireless network is not available (e.g. password change), Volumio will automatically re-enable the Hotspot; in case of a connection lost a reboot is needed in order to reactivate the hotspot, since the feature is triggered only at startup. This feature is disabled by default and can be activated by enabling the option Hotspot fallback located in Settings -> Network
    You can change the Hotspot options in the Network options, such as its name, password and channel (useful if you experience poor Hotspot performance)

Once in Hotspot Mode, Volumio can be reached with IP 192.168.211.1 or via http://volumio.local as usual

WEB-UI CONNECTION
    The UI can be accessed from any device with a browser: Tablets, PC, Mac, Android Phones, iPhones, Smart TVs, Ebook readers etc. Make sure you have the latest versions of their respective browsers. For an optimal experience, Google Chrome is suggested.
    The UI can be accessed by typing Volumio's IP address in your browser. To find the IP address you can use:

ANDROID FING
    iOS Net Analyzer
    Chrome mDNS Browser

Volumio UI can also be accessed by typing http://volumio.local, or if you renamed your Volumio device http://VOLUMIONAME.local .
    Please note that this function is not available on Android devices, but should work on Mac and iOs or in Windows. For more details, see Finding_Volumio.

I'm Colin.

Thanks Mike I did connect to the router first but I think tomorrow I will just restart process. In the settings I did see enable WiFi which I did . It does seem to be an IP address issue but I will just start from scratch and follow the sequence again.
    Thanks for info
    Colin

I'm Edward.

Sometimes traces of old IP address allocations from a router can still be seen and be confusing. I normally log on directly to the router (using the admin logon details normally printed on the router) and determine what 'live' connections there are and use the IP address to logon to the relevant device. To remove any confusions I will also delete any stray non live connections and more importantly remove any fixed IP addresses that have been allocated.

Once things are stabilised and working I may fix an IP address allocation, but generally just leave things dynamic (but with say a 24 hour) allocation. All of the above is self evident when logged on to the router's homepage.

Resist the temptation to fix an IP address on the actual device (not sure if Volumio has that function anyway) as there is a strong possibility of getting IP address conflicts.

Apologies if any/all of the above is all known.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Mike.

Have you tried a router reboot?

You'll probably find that the Pi gets a new IP address over you do, in sure there had that before and it worked fine after the router reboot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast