+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDP Upgrades

I'm Nobody.

Default CDP Upgrades

Just bought myself another Sony 'ES' machine in which i'm over the moon with. I love the higher quality sony plyers they sound good..I was listerning to it all last night with & without Maverick Audio 24/96 DAC! I can absolutly live with this player & will do, no edginess, no muddling but i do detect that the bass lines are not ultra clear.

Now it's nothing to do with any other part of the system, cabling etc as i monitored through the machine & the DAC headphone output with various sets of can's.

Would re-clocking the Machine with dedicated clock PSU help do you think? & who's the better the Trichord or the Audiocom variants or any others i don't know about? I recon this would sort the issue out.

Sorry didnt mean to say who's the better but would like input
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 29-05-2010 at 13:27.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Just bought myself another Sony 'ES' machine in which i'm over the moon with. I love the higher quality sony plyers they sound good..I was listerning to it all last night with & without Maverick Audio 24/96 DAC! I can absolutly live with this player & will do, no edginess, no muddling but i do detect that the bass lines are not ultra clear.

Now it's nothing to do with any other part of the system, cabling etc as i monitored through the machine & the DAC headphone output with various sets of can's.

Would re-clocking the Machine with dedicated clock PSU help do you think? & who's the better the Trichord or the Audiocom variants or any others i don't know about? I recon this would sort the issue out.

Sorry didnt mean to say who's the better but would like input
    Hi Andre

Which Sony ES player did you buy?

I cannot give you an unbiased opinion on clocks but if you have any specific questions relating to Superclock 4, etc, please ask.

For you Sony ES player, as a start I recommend you buy a bottle of Kontak cleaner to clean all the power, signal connectors as well as the internal PCB connectors.

Best,
    Mark
    Mark @ Audiocom, Wales UK - 01646 650008

Website

Facebook

Twitter

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Depending on the CDP an upgraded clock can really elevate performance , some clocks fitted as stock can be real shite so an upgrade can be a real ear opener

The Superclock 4 is the best I've tried so far (tried in the Duet) it should bring just as good results with a CDP as it does a Duet
    Cheers,
    Leo

I'm InSpace.

The Audiocom Superclock 2 I fitted to my Denon DVD2900 made very large and very positive improvement to performance in all respects.... The 4 is supposed to be in another league altogether!

I have no experience of other clock upgrades but I can confirm that it's a mod that works, and works well!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    Depending on the CDP an upgraded clock can really elevate performance , some clocks fitted as stock can be real shite so an upgrade can be a real ear opener

The Superclock 4 is the best I've tried so far (tried in the Duet) it should bring just as good results with a CDP as it does a Duet
    i can't bring myself to pumping that amount of money into a CD player, never noticed the prices, maybe a snip for others but that is a lot of money for me.. i'll put up with the not mega clear bassline first. Thanks anyway.

I'm Martin.

Andre

Do you prefer that ES to the XB930QS? You said you had two of them, I guess you sold them also?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nobody.

Hi Martin
    I still have my Sony players..Theres nothing in the sound between em. I prefer the larger scale built quality, the variable output & the wooden side cheeks (when i get em) on the ES but you can't beat that fixed laser mech on the 930...I'll be using the 'ES' as primary tho..

I purposley bought this certain ES machine cos the lazers are plentyfull, cheap & the machine doesnt have the overrated 1541 that everyone has in there head sounds best.. pay hundreds for second hand machines just for this chip...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi Martin
    I still have my Sony players..Theres nothing in the sound between em. I prefer the larger scale built quality, the variable output & the wooden side cheeks (when i get em) on the ES but you can't beat that fixed laser mech on the 930...I'll be using the 'ES' as primary tho..

I purposley bought this certain ES machine cos the lazers are plentyfull, cheap & the machine doesnt have the overrated 1541 that everyone has in there head sounds best.. pay hundreds for second hand machines just for this chip...
    Good that you didn't sell everything! I keep going back to the Sony because it's just such a pleasure to use and to look at Just been playing Dusty in Memphis on it, lights down and I'm in the studio.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good that you didn't sell everything!
    I know which side mi breads buttered

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good that you didn't sell everything! I keep going back to the Sony because it's just such a pleasure to use and to look at Just been playing Dusty in Memphis on it, lights down and I'm in the studio.
    Cool - You hedonist!

Regards
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast