+ Reply to Thread

Thread: System in the light of the midnight sun

Default System in the light of the midnight sun

In the Borealis the sun shines all day and night through, and when the midnight approaches, I may happen that the midnight sun enlighten my equipment very nicely.

I'll start with my main sources, Thorens TD 124 and TD 121:

The 121 to the left, it is equipped with a SME 3009 Series 2 arm and Ortofon SPU Gold. Only for 33 1/3 rpm records!

To the right the TD 124, with SME 309 magnesium tonearm and AT OC9 ML2 cartridge. The turntable I use the most time. Mahogany plinth.

The next one out have to be this one:

Thorens TD 224 changer. Just put on a stable of records and let the turntable do the rest while I can be

Then there is my diy DD turntable, based on the Dual EDS1000 motor (from the Dual 701). It is not yet finished, I have to make a couple of arms to it. After all this one is diy!

And at last a not-so-good picture of my rack and it's surroundings:

(To be continued)
    Give me the good ol' turntables..
    Thorens lovers forum admin

Very nice my friend - you caught the essence of what we enjoy so much about this audio addiction in your photographs. Great equipment and setup...

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Some lovely stuff there matey, and all in the cool glow of evening sun. It twangs both my audiophile and photographer strings.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Default Thorens TD-224

Quote Originally Posted by trond kjetil View Post
    In the Borealis the sun shines all day and night through, and when the midnight approaches, I may happen that the midnight sun enlighten my equipment very nicely.

Thorens TD 224 changer. Just put on a stable of records and let the turntable do the rest while I can be
    Hi Trond,

Very impressive turntables Would you be interested in selling your TD 224? If not, do you know of one for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by combwork View Post
    Hi Trond,

Very impressive turntables Would you be interested in selling your TD 224? If not, do you know of one for sale?
    Thank you
    I believe that this specie is the only TD 224 in Norway, and I have absolutely no intention to sell it.
    They do occasionally show up at the 'bay, that's all I can say. I got this one there
    Give me the good ol' turntables..
    Thorens lovers forum admin

+ Reply to Thread