I know this is an old post, but I'd like to add a few things about my experience.

I've owned a Saturn-R since about 2020. It does indeed impress in it's overall presentation in the sound quality department, but apart from that, in my experience it's been an unreliable player to live with.

It doesn't play CDRs, skips either when cold or mid-way through perfectly good CDs and has lost the CD text display that older Rega players like the Jupiter had. It sometimes refuses to read perfectly good CDs at random too. In terms of the DAC functionality, it serves nothing in the way of phone connectivity and worse still, only has a USB-B socket for connection with a laptop etc.

I can't help being left with the lingering feeling of getting less of an overall CD player for more money, when compared to the impressive overall ability of my old Marantz CD-6005. I sold the CD-6005 to a good friend when I bought the Rega, and every time he puts a CD on at his house I can't help but feel slightly envious! The two are nowhere near the same price range, but Marantz certainly delivers competently in all departments when compared to the Rega's strength in only one.

I'm seriously considering trading the Saturn-R in for some change towards either a Marantz SACD 30n, SA-12SE or similar.... after some thorough (preferably home-based) auditioning of course.