+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June Issue Affordable$$Audio

Default June Issue Affordable$$Audio

Hello Everyone:
    Affordable$$Audio's June Issue is available for free download. Included this month is the first anywhere review of the Polk RTiA3. A look back at the original McIntosh MC275. Full reviews of the VMPS 626JR monitors, and the European Oehlbach XXL Phono PreAmp, plus plenty more!

Thank you for supporting this all-volunteer celebration of audio.

www.affordableaudio.org
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Publisher- Affordable$$Audio e-zine

Review equipment:
    Modded PS Audio Trio C-100 Int. amp, Onix SP3 Int. tube amp, Modified Jolida JD-100, Totem Mites

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Cheers!

I'll be reading this shortly.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Is your article in it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

No, that's May's edition mate. Been and gone!

Atacama SE24 stands

Oh right, we never heard anything about it. How come? I thought you'd have mentioned it on the forum

Let's have a link then to your article in the May issue!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Affordable Audio mentioned it as usual on the forum.

Link to Affordable Audio's website

Atacama SE24 stands

You're too modest, mate. You should have posted a thread here introducing it to our members

I'll have a look...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm BigBobJoylove.

The May issue was very good, a little piece on the Squeezebox and audiophile modifications was a darn good read. I'll have a read of the June issue this evening. There's some really good contributions to the Affordable Audio magazine and some excellent information on new revelations in the industry. Also I find it gives the smaller manufacturers a chance to be discovered and talked about rather than being left to the small ads at the back of the shelf magazines.

Great stuff!

Atacama SE24 stands

The link just comes up with a blank page for me, Rob, like as if the computer has 'hung', although that's not the case...

Any ideas?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Try now, I've switched the link to their web page, downloadable issues are on the left.

Atacama SE24 stands

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast