+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Logitech Touch easy to use

Default Is the Logitech Touch easy to use

I dont have a library of ripped lossless files yet but now the Touch is out I am tempted to get one. I wanted a simple interface with my Hifi that did not require PC turned on all the time and only Sonos kit fitted the bill but price is rather more than the Touch. I like the idea of internet radio as it opens a whole lot of music choice and this is one area where i am unsure on ease of use as the other half would like something that is quick to use and not complicated. Can anyone who has one describe how it works in simple terms.

Thanks in advance.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Well I don't have a Touch (yet) but I did have a chance to see/play with/listen to Ali's Squeezebox Touch over the weekend, and all I can say is it looks to be quite straightforward to set up, and use is as simple as a menu system can be.

The sound of the analogue outputs is very, very good, and if you want to use an external DAC that sounds great too.

Buy with confidence
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It's so easy it's untrue.I've never owned a streamer of any kind,and I ain't a computer boffin,but 10 minutes after connecting it to my system I was playing music.I use mine with a Drobo connected directly,so I only need to use a pc if I want to add more music to the Drobo.I used EAC to rip FLAC files,and you can set EAC to store the music on your drive however you want.

You can use the screen to control it,but if you your system in at the other end of the room,you can use an application on a smartphone-ipeng for the iphone for instance,though I'm using squeezecommander on my Android G1,which is great,you can browse your music,and make up playlists,or just pick out individual tracks or albums to play.

It sounds pretty good feeding your amp from the analogue outs,but will improve with a good dac,plus it supports up to 24/96 files,so you can play hi rez stuff,which I find significantly better than 16/44.1 cd files.It's a great sounding piece of kit,and a no brainer at the price.I won't be going back to cd.

Thanks for the replies folks especially from the lad up the road from me

Anyone used internet radio on it yet. I read somewhere there are high res stations out there but cant find the link again The reason I ask is I was messing about with 365.com last night and was impressed with the content.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I've had a quick go,but nothing serious as I've been mucking about with hi rez files.Drop me a PM if you'd like to try the Touch out,you're welcome to visit.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

BTW,if anyone has links to hi rez internet stations,could they post them up please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I've had a quick go,but nothing serious as I've been mucking about with hi rez files.Drop me a PM if you'd like to try the Touch out,you're welcome to visit.
    Thanks for the offer to see it in operation Ali. I am gonna get one of these methinks as the more I explore the the capabilities the more it seems a great buy for the money. Birthday looms and I need a gadget fix so the Touch should keep me busy.

By Hi Rez I meant more than the standard low rate from the like of BBC. This thread on headfi is the best i have found so far albeit rather old thread now.
    Last edited by pwood; 17-05-2010 at 18:53.
    Paul

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers,I'll have a look.

I'm Bernie.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hey, you've got a Dunfermline buddy to play with now, Ali!

Welcome to AOS 'Canetoad' - what's your proper first name?

When you get a chance, could you please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself. Use one of the threads there as a template for what is required (system details, music tastes, etc).

Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast