+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap as chips headphone amp

I'm Rob.

Default Cheap as chips headphone amp

Has anyone else tried one of the cheap Bravo Audio headphone amps being sold on ebay? I'm a programmer and like to be able to shut myself off from any distractions at work. I bought myself some Goldring headphones, but wanted to try and improve the output from my computer's sound card. So I put a small bid in for one of the Bravo amps and bagged it.

Well it may not be the height of audiophile heaven, but it significantly improved the sound coming from my computer. For around thirty pounds, I think its a great buy. Probably not the thing for your main headphone listening, but great for occasional use, or where you don't want to spend much.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Great fun
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

I use the cheap Maverick Audio 'D1' DAC for all my headphone listerning it sound fantastic. I use very low impedance headphones which caused an hum problem at first as the unit was intended for higher impedance phones, i did change a couple resistors values to get shut of the problem, although it's obviously taken away a bit of volume it now works a treat , well loud enough for me all the same..Untill this breaks down i'll never swap it.
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 14-05-2010 at 22:22. Reason: spellin'

I'm Rob.

Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Nobody.

Aye

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    Has anyone else tried one of the cheap Bravo Audio headphone amps being sold on ebay? I'm a programmer and like to be able to shut myself off from any distractions at work. I bought myself some Goldring headphones, but wanted to try and improve the output from my computer's sound card. So I put a small bid in for one of the Bravo amps and bagged it.

Well it may not be the height of audiophile heaven, but it significantly improved the sound coming from my computer. For around thirty pounds, I think its a great buy. Probably not the thing for your main headphone listening, but great for occasional use, or where you don't want to spend much.
    I got one lately. Still burning in. Great amp for the price ! (30€ shipped !)
    Moreover, it accepts RCA line-in as well as iPod jack in. A bargain.

Last edited by Themis; 30-05-2010 at 08:12.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Neil.

Hi Dimitri

Hows about doing a review of the headphone amplifier as photos alone don't tell us much about it.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Hows about doing a review of the headphone amplifier as photos alone don't tell us much about it.
    Good idea. I'll leave it get stabilized for a week or so, then review it.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm David.

I've bid on loads of those but keep bidding on ones that sell for a lot when I have seen them go for next to nothing.. How much dis you pay for the unit it's self?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    I got one lately. Still burning in. Great amp for the price ! (30€ shipped !)
    Moreover, it accepts RCA line-in as well as iPod jack in. A bargain.

So that YES is a CD not vinyl then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast