+ Reply to Thread

Thread: john howes quad 11 monos

I'm Mick.

Default john howes quad 11 monos

looking to see if there are any valve fans interested in these loverly amps

recently purchased from ebay and they do sound as good as they look but not the perfect partner for my current wilson benesch arcs which i was hoping to move on and buy mabye some harbeths or tannoys to really get the best out of the howes monos but alas not a great deal of interest in the arcs at the moment and as i have no boxes i am reluctant to but them on ebay

the howes really are stunning sounding amps but dont do the volume levels i like when wanting to rock out a bit paired with the arcs so they are up for grabs at the same price i paid

asking 1100 or happy to consider swaps or part ex for an intergrated or power amp with a little more power
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mmar; 13-05-2010 at 21:24.
    Mick.

I'm Neil.

Now those have got to be very good. I heard a set of his amps at the London show recently and while they were part of a system and thus only one element the overall sound was fabulous.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm David.

Is that a linn ds? Are you using the built in pre?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm ChrisB.

Those amps would match your TT Hamish!

I'm David.

you have just put an idea in my head... i could get new matching blue acrylic front bits for me amp and pre!!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Mick.

thanks for the interest guys , the amps really are very good and in fairness my preference would be to keep them over the arcs which i also have listed but needs be and all that the amps are in near mint condition and the flash makes the finish look a little lighter better pics of these actual amps can be seen on the audiojumble web site which shows the true color tone !

the player is a linn sc very impressive machine certainly the phrase " better than the sum of its parts " perfectly describes this little player how they pack so much into such a small box is no ones buisness , reff std of replay as a cd player , dvd - dvda player , sacd player , stereo pre amp - 5 channel processor pre amp , and a 4 input dac for good measure
    Mick.

I'm Mick.

probably looking to list either the arcs or the quads on ebay this weekend not 100% which as yet but feel free to message if the amps are of interest to anyone
    Mick.

+ Reply to Thread