+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F/S Copper dac

I'm ILOB.

The coppper DAC is made by Duncan (Tubehunter) Those of us who are lucky enough to own one feel very happy with it. Duncan puts a lot of effort into creating the shortest signal path they tend to get compaired to dacs cosring 2000 to 3000 pounds so very good value
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    No pot unfortunately... Erm... I'd sell the naim kit anyway... I've not looked back since I sold my 82/hc/180
    I'm not sure what to say as it's me that's trying to sell the dac but I'm very sure you get beat the snot out the current kit with the copper dac a passive pre and some kind of basic amp...maybe even the nap250??
    Did I promise I'd hold it for you if you wanted it? I think I did... It only ocured to me that there was someone else who had shown an interest after I told neil he could have first dibs when I spoke to him Tuesday .... I'm happy to hold on to it for you if you want to flog you naim kit. Have a think... Just let me know ... It's yours if you want it, il hold it for now, I'm not in any desparate hurry!
    Should be a great option with a passive pre as the output voltage is so high, but don't know if impedance matching may be needed though. probably fine with a valve amp or an almost as geriatric Naim power
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ILOB.

It works really well with the passive volume control but my system is not a typical system so might not be universial to other systems
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Hamish, you have a PM

I'm David.

Ok, I have a very solid enquiry... I'll keep it yours until mid day tomorow for you Paul (if your out there) After that I'm going to let Roy have it
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Steve.

Thank god for that.
    Thought I would have to buy it, and I'm skinter than a skinter thing with no money.

Duncan's Dac's...at least mine anyway, is one of those things like wot Apple say. It just works.
    Now, I would never knock the Caiman. I have one. Its great. I also have two 7510's.

However, the Williams Audio Tube DAC just cannot be compared with the Caiman. It wasn't produced with a commercial view in mind. ..and hence, it is what it is. Duncan designs and builds these things because he does...not to make a living, and I'm terribly grateful he does.
    Last edited by SteveW; 14-05-2010 at 19:16.

I'm Chris.

Does Duncan make one with usb connection? I currently use an MHDT Paradisea (16 bit; no brickwall filter) that I use direct from iTunes/iMac and a lot of folk are wanting Firwireor usb facility.
    I love the Copper look.
    Chris

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Iss..._paradisea.htm
    Chris.

I'm David.

I'm not sure he is making them at the mo, you just have to wait with crossed fingers until something comes up...

Copper dac is now sold to Roy ...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    Does Duncan make one with usb connection? I currently use an MHDT Paradisea (16 bit; no brickwall filter) that I use direct from iTunes/iMac and a lot of folk are wanting Firwireor usb facility.
    I love the Copper look.
    Chris

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Iss..._paradisea.htm
    Just use a good USB to SPDIF converter works fine for me
    As Hamish says you just have to wait till Duncan selling something this is a hobby for him not a buisness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123