+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crofts: 25R pre-amp and 7R monos

I'm Roger.

Default For Sale: Crofts: 25R pre-amp and 7R monos

With much regret, have decided to part with my Croft set-up owing to downsizing and the need to move to an integrated. The amps, which are in immaculate condition, comprise a 25R line-only pre-amp, and two 7R mono power amps. They are nearly 4 years old, and were purchased from Divine Audio (25R £1,000, 7R monos £2,800 the pair)
    See https://www.divineaudio.co.uk/produc...plifiers-pair/.
    They were recently serviced and upgraded by Glenn Croft with upgraded transformers and valves; original and other valves available. (As you may know, Glenn is a real gent and very helpful on advice, upgrades, etc. – contactable via email – see the Croft website http://www.croftacoustics.co.uk/products.html).
    He builds all his amplifiers personally – no PCBs but point-to-point soldering, top-notch components, a purist approach to amplification: truly a case of ‘less is more’. Single volume controls and remote controls can be retro-fitted via Adrian at Audioflair (https://audioflair.co.uk/category/croft/), as can a phono stage to the 25R or the separate Croft phono amp (both incredible value) can be used in conjunction with the 25R. Most Croft aficionados prefer the twin volume pots which provide more control with less complication.
    These amplifiers are sonically the best I’ve owned: the 25R is a wonderful pre which I used originally with the 7R stereo power which was very impressive, then upgraded to the top-of-the-range monos which produced an even wider, deeper soundstage, phenomenal detail without losing the wonderful fluid, organic mesmerising musicality associated with Croft. They seem very powerful with great grip and control, and have driven any speaker I have used with them with ease. They all have original packaging.

Four the three amplifiers I’m asking £2,350, or separately for the 7R monos £1,750 and for the 25R £750. Collection (and audition) in Liverpool, or can arrange courier etc at cost. May be able to deliver or meet within reasonable distance.

More photos of insides if you message me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blodger; 30-03-2019 at 10:24.

I'm Josie.

Wow... very nice, Roger.

You would be very hard pushed to get better with an integrated.

Great price to. I'd wish you good luck but to be honest I don't think you need it..

Someone will be very, very, very happy with this.

Very groovy.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Alf.

Croft gear is very very good value for money. Plenty of bang for your buck too
    Techy SP10 mk 2 playing my Vinyl, Aries G1/Chord TT2/Mscaler doing digital, Ear Pre amp and Sowter powered KT88 SE power amp amplifying and big JBL's presenting a room full of fun

I'm Karl.

PM SENT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Roger.

Sold - STP

+ Reply to Thread