+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogers T100

I'm Rockabilly.

Default Rogers T100

Rogers T100.
    One owner from new (previous to my ownership), collected in person from the factory, immaculate nick.
    I'd estimate that only a few hundred of these were built.
    Looking forward to sparring sessions between it and my Troughline 3.

Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Interesting.Let us know how it sounds.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

You lucky beggar

Despite the iffy tuning and garish display, this was one VERY fine sounding tuner as I remember. We sold a good few at the time and even in the late seventies when it came out, the sound was easily up to the better Jap tuners as I recall. A mate had one for many years and after twelve or so it needed attention. His family replaced it for him with a Rotel, which he took with grace. the Rotel was a good one in it's day, but the Rogers was better. I have no idea what happened to it though, although it may have been passed on to a relative..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Prefer T75 tooner

I'm Rockabilly.

Cor!
    The channel separation on this little 'un is incredible. It has a very wide stereo image.
    It has a noticeably flatter frequency response in the low-mid and bass than the Troughline. I haven't seen any figures but the rise at approximately 120Hz that gives the Leak its 'chestiness' is absent in the Rogers, as is the harmonic colour in the upper mids.
    My Troughline (which still has all of its original Mullards) is wonderful for low volume listening because of the frequency contour and the aforementioned valve signature.
    My initial impressions were that the Rogers was a little forward but after comparison with my Creek, I'm beginning to think that its response is flat, relative to the other two.
    With a good low compression signal (and hasn't the Radio 2 source improved recently?), the T100 is my prefered tuner for higher volume listening at the moment.
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Andr'e, the T75 is ok, but not as good...

The T100 should just give it like it is - it sounds far more like a "real" tuner than it has any right to.

I'm Nobody.

Didnt say the T75 was better i just prefer it

I'm David.

Apologies Andr'e....

+ Reply to Thread