+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Logitech Squeezebox Duet & iTube?

I'm David.

My Power source is A Krell KSA100 in Class A wth hopefully a wide freq res, what would it do to the open baffle Speakers??? would be fascinating to hear a pair!
    "This is the End my Friends"

I'm Dave.

Seeing this thread notionally about the Squeezebox Duet I wonder if someone can tell me exactly what the Duet is? This may sound odd - I've got a classic SB3 and just ordered a SB Boom for other rooms. Whilst deciding what to do with the money burning a hole in my pocket I looked at other systems, including the Radio (OK - bit cheaper) and the Duet. Like some other kit I've seen recently I really couldn't work out what it is and what it's supposed to do. Neither the Radio nor the Boom seem to have an optical out, but that doesn't really matter for the intended purpose.

I have a suspicion that it provides essentially the same functionality that I have with my PC, laptop and network based disk drives, but I really don't know.

I could have been in the market for a radio (FM + DAB) plus internet streaming capability, and there are some - e.g Pure, Roberts, but I figured that I'd have to install yet another server somewhere, so thought I'd stick with the system I've got now, so that the new box, when it arrives can be got into action very quickly with existing ripped material and internet streams.

So, to reiterate, what exactly is a Duet, and what functionality does it have?
    Dave

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

For Duet look here http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/speake...s/devices/3817

Personally I'd go for a Touch, as it plays 24/96 files without server side downsampling.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm David.

Default Duet

the Duet has WiFi & Ethernet i/p Coax, Optical & analog o/p will play apple, FLAC,wav,mp3 etc is controlled by a superb remote control with 2.4" display shows what is playing etc. this can control some other squeezebox products in the cct. including squeezebox Radio. I sent mine thru Stan's Dac & after a bit of burning in it sounds good! really listenable!
    "This is the End my Friends"

I'm Dave.

So for practical purposes it is like a Classic Squeezebox (NLA) with a colour LCD display and a rechargeable battery in the remote. For me no real advantage over the SB3 - which I now feed into my Caiman.

I'm awaiting the Squeezebox with interest. The idea that I could simply turn the volume up high enough on the living room kit to hear it in the kitchen or elsewhere clearly doesn't work.

I might go for a Touch later on, though I suspect these two are going to do me for quite a while.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234