+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticking to your own quarters

I'm Nobody.

Default Sticking to your own quarters

I think the best thing is people who love & use vintage keep to the vintage area & people who think vintage gear is so crap, stick to the modern area, best alround eh?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Please "name & shame" those who have stated they "think vintage gear is so crap" - I don't recall seeing anyone make such a statement - I have however seen you making the statement (words to the effect) that modern equipment (and music) is crap, so look forward to not seeing you participating in any of those discussions in the future.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

This place is a total waste of time to be honest. no ones has the same views as me anyway so why bother...fu*k it as they say.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

To be honest Andre, a lot of people have cut you a lot of slack on this forum, were disappointed to see you disappear when you did and glad to see you come back for your unique perspective on things. I'm not sure what "your problem" has been the last few days, but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that you're pushing things for some reason known only to you - and IMO it's not particularly healthy for the forum. Can I ask what the problem is? Can anyone help?

If I've misread the situation, and no one else can see my point I'll get my coat! (And I'm genuinely not trying to "have a go" just trying to get to the bottom of things.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

Andre, it's the veriety of life, we can't all have the same views can we! Stop concentrating on this negative stuff buddy ... You like hifi, this is a hifi forum, and it's a fuck lot better than most of them.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    This place is a total waste of time to be honest. no ones has the same views as me anyway so why bother...fu*k it as they say.
    So why do you bother then ?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    To be honest Andre, a lot of people have cut you a lot of slack on this forum, were disappointed to see you disappear when you did and glad to see you come back for your unique perspective on things. I'm not sure what "your problem" has been the last few days, but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that you're pushing things for some reason known only to you - and IMO it's not particularly healthy for the forum. Can I ask what the problem is? Can anyone help?

If I've misread the situation, and no one else can see my point I'll get my coat! (And I'm genuinely not trying to "have a go" just trying to get to the bottom of things.)
    Good post Alex, I agree with you, you're not alone.

Andre, are you having a bad day? This latest post of yours is not at all constructive. If you would like to 'thrash things out', please feel free to PM me or anyone else whom you may think can help. Myself, I love and continue to use vintage gear.

Come on mate, things can't be that bad.

Regards
    Last edited by Barry; 03-05-2010 at 21:43.
    Barry

I'm Neil.

If you want to chat Andre ring me I will Pm you my number if you want.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Andre is bi-polar,or at least he said he was,so perhaps we should cut him some slack gents.I've watched my best friend,whom I've known since primary school, struggle with this all his life.

I'm David.

Yeah alex's words "pushing things" ring true with me ... I'd imagine as a comunity we have the colective strength to put up with you moaning Andre if it makes you feel better!
    I get similar off hannah - ideas that people don't like her and talk about her behind her back - often followed by a "sod em all they are tossers anyway!" Your not alone Andre I can't imagine you would want to talk to me for one minute buddy but I live with someone with similar issues with life and imnsure many others here have the emotional intelegence to understand! Let it out man! Like I say I'm sure people won't mind!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast