+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B&O beogram 1500

I'm David.

Default B&O beogram 1500

A nice chap came into the shop the other day and gave me this

I'm guessing it's worth what I paid for it, but i like it... It actualy works too

there seems to be a problem with this switch though, it doesn't seem to actually select the speed it points to and for the most part doesn't work at all... For the most part I can only get it to work at 45rpm ...

maybe it just needs a clean?

I can get the platter off either, any ideas how I might do that?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Steve.

Hamish you have a problem dude.

I'm starting to feel rather more sympathetic towards Hanna all of a sudden....
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Nobody.

Hamish the Styli cos a pretty penny if you can get one.

I'm David.

coming from the man with half a tonne of slate in his lounge... means nothing mate
    he said he was gonna take it to the skip if i didnt want it... i couldnt have that...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hamish the Styli cos a pretty penny if you can get one.
    if you notice in the top picture andre, there is a box fresh styli in a red packet in front of the speaker to the right..
    you dont have any idea about the switch do you andre?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    coming from the man with half a tonne of slate in his lounge... means nothing mate
    he said he was gonna take it to the skip if i didnt want it... i couldnt have that...
    Actually it's only a quarter of a tonne...
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm David.

please excuse my french but ... fuckin 'el

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-O-BANG-AND-O...#ht_3111wt_939

i got 2 of these buggers i think

I'm Nobody.

if you notice in the top picture andre, there is a box fresh styli in a red packet in front of the speaker to the right..
    you dont have any idea about the switch do you andre?
    What switch the one infront of the arm?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Right.. the Beogram 1000 which is the turntable bit suffers, as do ALL of these idler/belt hybrid Beogram models, from old vaseline like grease which as gone almost solid.. A darned good strip-down and clean is one option and a CAREFUL spray with a solvent cleaner/lubricant is another, but make sure you don't get lube on the idler or belt.

Another problem is the motor bearings sieze for the same reason and not all motors can be got into. Reluctant dealers used up B&O's stocks of replacements in ten years or so and many otherwise servicable motors were scrapped as replacement was easier and more profitable.

The arm should take an SP14 cartridge if the SP6/7/9 styli cannot be got and good cartridges can be bought cheaper than new styli..

The little internal amp is basic in the extreme, but the caps were of adequate quality in those days so may not need replacing due to bulging or leaks.

The speakers sound very fair when hung on a wall and better than Kans as I remember (). Beopeople are quite happy to replace the grotty original crossover caps with modern ones and all report improvements to Beovox's of various ages being re-capped.

Don't ditch it. It's a lovely stereo record player and well worth cleaning up/restoring...
    Last edited by DSJR; 02-05-2010 at 12:38. Reason: speeling mistykes
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

please excuse my french but ... fuckin 'el

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-O-BANG-AND-O...#ht_3111wt_939

i got 2 of these buggers i think
    ... oh, they are actually sp6-7, not 14... i cant find any of these on ebay...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast