+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to speaker cable

I'm David.

Default Back to speaker cable

What are good options for biwireable cable since that might help a touch with my boxy sounding speaker situation?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm InSpace.

Loudspeaker cables are the work of the Devil!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

What lengths do you need Hamish?

I'm David.

Well, I quite like to keep them the same length so they are easy enough to resell and for the fact that I have always been under the impression it is sensible even though I have since read it doesn't really make any odds?? So I guess 2 sets of 2.5- 3m would give me reasonable room for manouver
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

6A mains flex is cheap enough to play with and throw away if it's no good.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm David.

Sorry im gonna highjack my own thread a sec hear, got one of ltj bukems good looking records 'earth' compliations on now.. What a difference this change round has made to to the sound ... I seem to have even lost some of a kind of wierd trebble scattyness I had before ... I think it must be haing the speakers ferther apart?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I can post you a set of Twisted Twins made from CAT5 cable.They're very good IMO.3m length and configured for biwire.

I'm David.

Excelent, that would be great, of that's ok, for sale or trial? I've read about cat5 as speaker cable on some diy forum somewhere some chap was ranting and raving like he had reinvented the bloody wheel!! I even looked into trying to make some but decided I was likely to balls it up after failing misserably to make a network cable for my house

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Gratis mate.Try it,if you like it,keep it.If you don't,send it back.PM your address.

I'm David.

Nice one buddy, that's really good of ya! Pm comin!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast