+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a different phono stage

I'm InSpace.

This phono stage lark is starting to become a problem.

I've not even finished one and I've found three or four others I'd like to have a go at....

I foresee something of an ongoing saga..... Oh dear!

Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrtd View Post
    So Anthony I understand it's a pity for the people working in a medical environment, having to control heart failures for instance, that the Philips equipment suffers from dynamics but be sure that noise (a big problem in medical equipment) is sufficiently suppressed. And of course all my customers suffer. A pity again.

John
    hi john,
    you asked the forum members for ideas on your original post, and i gave you mine, all i am saying is by inserting resistance at this paticular part of the power supply, you are reducing dynamic capabilities to a point, that is probably the main reason why it reduces the spikes in the first place, my point was, slowing down the potetial of a power supply is in my view never a good thing as far as audio is concerned, you can hear it! this is the main benefit you get from going up a transformer size in any piece of audio amplification, you lower the internal impedence of the power supply, hence better control, better dynamic capability, right?
    anthony...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12