+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My favourite and recent acquisitions

Default My favourite and recent acquisitions

Mr Roger Waters as I live and breathe.....Amused to Death.....probably my favourite all time album.

Recent acquisitions:

Celine Dion Live in Las Vegas
    Bat for Lashes - Two Suns
    Jean Michel-Jarre - Teo & Tea
    Pinhani - Inandigin Masallar
    Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones
    Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells...1, 2 & 3
    Thomas Dolby - The Flat Earth

I'm open to further suggestions
    Steve

My system: Logitech Squeezebox - Audio Innovations S1000 mkIII Monoblocs - Kef Reference 104/2
    In the pipeline - Tube DAC (handmade) - Tube Preamp (handmade) - Music Server (handmade)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AIKEF View Post
    Mr Roger Waters as I live and breathe.....Amused to Death.....probably my favourite all time album.

Recent acquisitions:

Celine Dion Live in Las Vegas
    Bat for Lashes - Two Suns
    Jean Michel-Jarre - Teo & Tea
    Pinhani - Inandigin Masallar
    Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones
    Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells...1, 2 & 3
    Thomas Dolby - The Flat Earth

I'm open to further suggestions

Hi. I have some of the Mike Oldfield stuff and the Bat for Lashes albums as well as Thomas Dolby, I am a great fan of his! Jarre is also cool, but I do not have that album.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Nobody.

I'm suppose to be replacing a list of CD-r as long as the Humber bridge with lagit issue but buying lots of vintage toys took front seat of late..last CD i bought was Hawkwind - at the BBC '72...Must get my arse in gear.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hawkwind-At-.../dp/B00362DRNQ

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I've had another really "bad" month, I daren't count how many CDs I've bought, but at least 70, probably nearer 90... Anyway, stand out recent releases for me:

Ellie Goulding - Lights
    Marina & The Diamonds - The Family Jewels (these 2 weren't first and second in the BBC Sound of 2010 for no reason...)
    Hybrid - Disappear Here
    Way Out West - We Love Machine
    BT - These Hopeful Machines (3 awesome Trance/Electronica releases)
    Bonobo - Black Sands
    Balligomingo - Under an Endless Sky (2 great chillout/downtempo albums, the latter probably being my favourite release of the year so far. (Dalek Supreme Neil, if you are watching, I think you would love it...))
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Lucky your wife allows it Alex

Buy while you can, 'cos after next Thursday I doubt anyone will have any spare money at all...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Lucky your wife allows it Alex

Buy while you can, 'cos after next Thursday I doubt anyone will have any spare money at all...
    What she doesn't know, can't hurt her! (to be fair, an awful lot of those are £2 or £3 inc P&P, 20 or so £1 each charity shop specials (I won't mention Isabliss by Amethystium which I had to pay over 30 quid for...) And anyway, I bet she spent more on clothes and shoes, and you can't get too fat* for a CD or wear them out very quickly, can you?!

EDIT: in case Mrs Alex should be checking my internet history, I am in no way suggesting you are fat, too fat, getting fatter or anything to do with fat - it was just a humorous remark about clothes... ok?
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 30-04-2010 at 22:05.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

Wish i could buy the CD's i want easy but i can't..

+ Reply to Thread