+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Magna Audio's custom-made counterweight balance and armboard service!

I'm jamie.

hi Steve,
    i don't know if this is of any use to you but my boss at work was chucking in the skip some Phosphor bronze bushes from an old lift mechanism.they are round and have a hole in the middle,i have 6,the postage to you might be a killer though so if you are interested let me know and i'll have a measure up and tell you the sizes
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Steve.

Hi Jamie123,
    Sorry I missed this one at the time.
    Been very busy moving home and workshop from Surrey to the New Forest.

Here's the first SME style base and adjustable collar that was always destined to be chromed all finished.

Came out nicely.

I've set up the workshop now and busy making armboards and many things hifi.
    Last edited by Magna Audio; 28-10-2017 at 08:01.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Steve.

Having moved house and workshop and been busy creating mostly armboards recently, it's time for an update.

Here is the latest crop.

A pair of SL-1210 ebony armboards with SME arm fitting - bound for the USA

[/URL]

SL-1210 armboard in Ebony for Mikro-Seiki arm with on board rest mounting

SL-1210 armboard in Ebony for a Jelco / Ammonite uprated armbase - For Singapore this one.

A spindle reduction job so that a perspex disc could be fitted over the spindle end

Lacquered finished armboard for a JVC QL-50 deck. Had to be very accurately made to a template / customer measurements, and with recessed turned nylon bolt mounts - for Canada this one.

SL-1210 armboard in Ebony for uprated Ammonite armbase / Jelco - For the USA

SL-1210 Ebony for a Dynavector DV-505 arm - For New Zealand this one.

Last edited by Magna Audio; 28-10-2017 at 07:56.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Great work as usual, Steve! Hope the move went well, and both your good lady and you are keeping well. So where are you now - any nearer me, lol, or even further down south?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Hi Marco,
    Even further down South! Southern part of the New Forest 5 miles from the coast.

I'm Steve.

A little timeout from the many projects I have on the go for some customer feedback :-

This was for an armboard for customer in Singapore

"Hi Steve:

Finally had time to install the armboard.

Fits perfectly. Attached are some pics.

Thanks again for your wonderful product and service."

It's always nice to hear how things have gone and see the installation of the things I make in use. Getting some lovely pics of the deck and arm fitted are a bonus

Here's some feedback from the customer for the bespoke AT armlift and rest I made in polished stainless steel, and an extra heavy
    counterweight too.

Steve,

Just a brief “thank you” note. I’ve been listening to the ATP-12t with the extra weight & arm rest/lift
    and am very happy. I’m using Miyajima Premium Be mono cartridge in a heavy Fidelity Research FR-S/3
    headshell and the combinations requires the extra weight. Mono records sound great with this.
    Thanks again!

Pics of the counterweight and arm lift and on deck.

Steve,
    Last edited by Magna Audio; 28-10-2017 at 07:31.

I'm Hugo.

Nice to see one of my collars there too!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Nice to see one of my collars there too!
    Yes indeed I'm doing another SA-750 armboard today / tomorrow

I'm Steve.

More interesting projects

An ARS-1 ebony armboard mound for the States

Ebony headshell spacer & counterweight for an SL-1210 also in the States

A brass / ebony record weight puck bound for Spain. Don't worry, there is a centred hole for the spindle - just not in the felt in that photo

Shown here with an armboard for the same customer

More Flanges for Bob

Something a little different - A WAF Najda 4 Channel DSP DAC / ADC, X/O with WaveIO USB -> I2S input.

The Najda board and WaveIO are complete but very much build into a case yourself project items. The case was CNC machined to ensure good fit and looks - Thanks to Pete and Wal for help on the case.
    This one is fitted full with Burson OP-amps and a very nice OLED display..

Here's a nice ebony one for Scotland - for a Mission 774

I've lots more on the go, so watch this space.
    Last edited by Magna Audio; 12-03-2018 at 07:54.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Superb stuff as usual, Steve, although you can't beat a nice flange....

Keep up the good work!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast