+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Magna Audio's custom-made counterweight balance and armboard service!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Jerry

You might find this useful http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=219911
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm gone.

Good idea, Chris!

I'll measure my own kit up properly this time before I send it back to Steve!

I'm ILOB.

Jerry how r u finding the new speakers
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Steve.

Have PM'd you.
    Extra grub no problem.

You can get digi vernier calipers cheap sometimes at places like Lidl but that brass one looks good and manual;-)
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Na you need a digital micrometer, there's loads on flea bay cheap

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Steve.

yep. I have something similar and it works pretty well.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Jerry how r u finding the new speakers
    Well, this is a bit OT.

They are satisfactory so far. On 30 day trial - 2 days in. A fair bit of running in on these brand new speakers I should think, but they seem satisfactory so far. To say the least.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Yep - OK. I've just bought one of these doodads, should get it by mid next week, I guess.
    I'll send the c/w back to you then, Steve, with an accurate measurement!

I'm Giovanni.

...holy sheet,
    I made a mistake reading the caliper .

The correct diameter size of the back of the tonearm is 13.84 mm.
    I checked it again right now, and it's the same value for both the tonearms of the SL 1210 M5G & MK5 (the MK5 has the same tonearm of MK2).

Lesson learned: never do stuff like this after an heavy day of work.

Sorry to everybody.
    Giovanni.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast