+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Magna Audio's custom-made counterweight balance and armboard service!

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
    Here's an African Blackwood armboard fitted with the uprated Jelco arm collar.
    This one has been stained to be dark similar to Ebony. Matching black domed capheaded bolts and a shortened allen key to enable arm fitting.

You may wonder the difference between African Blackwood and Ebony. Both are hard and dense. African Blackwood is not quite as dark in natural state. It is denser and harder with a tighter / almost no grain its so dense. Due to this it machines and drills very well indeed.

I can't say what acoustic difference there is between them though, as I've never had the opportunity to listen to them back to back on identical equipment.

Here it is mounted (to ensure perfect fitting) on my scruffy test SL-1200 deck.

I'm Steve.

Here is another Jelco one bound for New Zealand this time.

Darkened African Blackwood.

Last edited by Magna Audio; 30-10-2017 at 08:20.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Steve.

Here is a set of weights (heavier antiskate), lateral and custom mass counterweight for the mighty Fidelity Research FR64s tonearm.
    Made in 303 grade stainless with semi polished finish to match the arm.

I used the same sized grub screw / hex key sizes as the originals use.

Also a couple of Tonearm mounts - one for the Thorens TD-124 deck in Ebony.

A bespoke tonearm pod for an Audio Technica 12" arm from an African Blackwood block that fits to the rear of the plinth.

Last edited by Magna Audio; 30-10-2017 at 08:18.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Steve.

An ebony tonearm board. Bound for Italy for a Technics SL-1210 deck. Drilled for a Audiomods (Rega converted) arm.

Last edited by Magna Audio; 30-10-2017 at 08:10.

I'm Steve.

Here are a couple of projects for Rexton

Armboard for SL-1210 with SME V fitting.

A counter weight in 303 Stainless steel specified for an SME 3012 tonearm. The original weight was too light for the intended cartridge / headshell and was nearly off the back of the arm stub. This baby will balance things nicely.

Last edited by Magna Audio; 30-10-2017 at 08:05.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Cracking job there Steve
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
    Here are a couple of projects for Rexton

Armboard for SL-1210 with SME V fitting.

A counter weight in 303 Stainless steel specified for an SME 3012 tonearm. The original weight was too light for the intended cartridge / headshell and was nearly off the back of the arm stub. This baby will balance things nicely.

WOW! Cant wait to try these babies and you need to update your sig, that SPU is coming to Wakefield dude!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Steve - fab work as usual! And congrats, Andy!

Trust me, you won't regret going for an ebony armboard. Prepare for some long nights ahead rediscovering your record collection, as it'll make your Techy sound more musically addictive than ever!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one, Steve - fab work as usual! And congrats, Andy!

Trust me, you won't regret going for an ebony armboard. Prepare for some long nights ahead rediscovering your record collection, as it'll make your Techy sound more musically addictive than ever!!

Marco.
    here's hoping so! I bought the custom counter weight as an extension to my own Denon 103 experiments and also research into Ortofon SPU's.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Steve.

Here is a finished SME3012 extra heavy counterweight including drillings and grubscrew for slider bar for the fine balance weight.

Last edited by Magna Audio; 30-10-2017 at 08:03.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast