Guys,

Anyone looking for a custom-made brass C/W, perhaps for balancing out a heavy headshell being used with a DL-103, or maybe just making an existing arm look sexier - whatever the reason, Steve can help

Here are the details (taken from this thread in The Drawing Board: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...188#post119188)

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
I have most usual sizes of hole cutters and could build a database of them.
If there are odd sizes I can machine out larger ones if a short length but it better to drill or holecut.
These would have a simple grubscrew and slide on unless there's a spiral carrier that lets you slide a different weight on like the Acos PL-71 arm does...

So if you want a weight let me know :
- diameter size inner
- diameter size outer
- what mass.

I can then work out how much needed. Perhaps there is a cheat sheet on the web for this. I only really want to use brass as it's nice to machine - forget titanium. Gold at your expense and I would keep the filings and off cut

I will see what bar stock I have or have to order more.

I tend to just finish with fine emery cloth as lifes too short for mirror finishing polishing and unless you lacquer they tarnish. The satin finish you see in the pics lasts for at least months like that.
Lacquering would be possible too

Could certainly do normal sizes for £25 + postage.
PM Steve if interested (email details to follow)

Marco.