+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TESTAMENT vinyl reissue , pressing quality problem or recording problem ?

I'm Roberto.

Default TESTAMENT vinyl reissue , pressing quality problem or recording problem ?

Hi While I have always been satisfied with the quality of the speakers corner and classic records vinyl reissues, I cannot say the same thing about the Testament reissues . I have purchased 7 testament vinyl reisssue . Since many original are expensive , i could say that from my point of view , although they are not as faithful as the speakers corner , They are 80% listenable , but I must say that I bought one " The beethoven violin concerto with kogan /silvestri which was truly unlistenable . I'd say violin still ok , But The orchestra was as pure FOG . At this point I ask some who Know the quality of testament records : It's a recording problem or the control quality of Testament is poor ?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm familiar with Speakers Corner as well as other small vinyl reissue producers, but Testament are new to me.

Sorry I can't be of any help - maybe other Members here can offer their opinion and advice.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Sorry not me, I thought this thread was about reissues by Testament the 80s thrash metal band

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Sorry not me, I thought this thread was about reissues by Testament the 80s thrash metal band

Me too
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Mike.

Me three

I'm Steve.

Sorry I misread it, thought it said Testicles. I know a thing or two about both of them.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

None of this is helping Roberto with his problem.

If the recording was old, the perceived quality of the reissues could be down to the technology used at the time of recording, and to how the recording was kept.

I can only suggest Roberto contacts Testament records to discuss the matter.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread