+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My system, some updates....

I'm Timothy.

Default My system, some updates....

I thought that I would put a new system thread down, as my old one contained my previous system of Naim Uniti and Larsen or Shahinian speakers that I had for almost six years. Roughly a bit over a year ago, I started thinking about the future and where I wanted to more or less end up system wise. This started me on a journey listening to quite a few systems, mainly at dealers, or being able to borrow pieces to see how it would sound in my own living space.

After several really nice systems were listened to, evaluated, I ended up here. Certainly not the average system one will see often, if at all, but I kind of like it, it is unique, it is me, it is “my-fi” to coin a phrase from my friend Oscar, which is how it should be!

The first photo is of the system about a month or more ago, now TV has been banished, and I am working with some Impression Series acoustic diffuser/absorber panels from GIK. Still experimenting with panel placement, how many, etc., so still in progress.

With the TV gone, my top shelf is now available and I am considering moving my Holbo Air-Bearing turntable over along with my still yet purchased(and still unknown at the moment)phono stage. Again, all a work in progress, little by little. I am pleased so far. More to come! 26BE0E76-48A3-4496-AE06-DE177849C6C3.jpg09889082-4BB1-474A-80F5-100F8E3C204E.jpg
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Chris.

For a long time I've been interested in the Dueval speakers. I seem to like 'off-beam' things!
    Citroens.....klipschorns.....Zotl amps.....LDR.....
    Chris.

I'm Timothy.

I am a bit that way myself, hence, Duevel! Amongst some of the other bits too for that matter! I kind of always have been this way, wanting things that were a bit different, not just for difference sake of course, but....

The Duevel are very good, probably sound a bit different than most people who have never heard them might think. I enjoy them very much!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Mike.

Those speakers are very different, Timothy. They do look very elegant; monolithic, almost ! I presume they're non directional like the Shahinians (sp?). Just a thought; if your t/t is heavy ( like a Verdier, maybe), I do wonder about the viability of your ex TV shelving, if only on sonic grounds. I suppose you could build it up with alternate layers of absorbency and wood or whatever, assuming the shelf is 18mm or so thick.

I'm Timothy.

Thanks Mike, yes, the Venus are totally omnidirectional like Shahinian. I used to have Obelisk a few years ago, and typically I do like what omnis bring to the table in my room.

The TT is not real heavy, about 35 pounds tops. The stand shelf is perfectly capable of handling the weight, it has good bracing underneath that you cannot see. I am going to put a BASE isolation platform(one of my photos somewhere shows this platform) under the table when I move it. It works fantastically with the table, and almost like they were made for each other. It will of course be a work in progress. Will try various things as I go along.

I'm Chris.

This might help.....https://positive-feedback.com/review...-loudspeakers/
    How hard was that?
    Chris.

I'm Timothy.

Finally things going here! Croft Micro 25 pre/phono with Croft Series 7 amplifier driving my Duevel Venus speakers. Some fine tuning to do here, have a little low level rumble issue I need to work on, otherwise, sounding good!

Spinning some Joe Jackson-Night and Day, like jumping in a teleportation unit and setting the dial back to the early 80’s! Analog and tubes, ahhhh!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Chris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwt2dxx9yg
    One of the great riffs!

I think valves (tubes) are 50s/60s though!
    Chris.

I'm Timothy.

Yes, it certainly is, I was more referring to the Joe Jackson album, but indeed, it all goes back a good deal further!

Steppin’ Out has always been a great tune for me! Another good album of his, one you won’t see often, is the soundtrack from the movie, Mike’s Murder, has several choice tunes there. Of course many of Joes albums are good, providing you like him to begin with!

I'm Timothy.

Finally got my pair of diffusion/absorber panels installed today, am still debating on moving the turntable and phono preamplifier over to the top shelf of the rack. More to come I am sure....
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast