+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our Own Music

I'm Graeme.

Default Our Own Music

slipperyjim mentioned on another thread that he'd like to share his own music with other AoSers on here.

I've recorded some stuff in the past either solo or with mates and if anyone's interested (stifled mirth) then you can listen to it at the following sites on the MySpace music player:

St Vitus Dance Band

Solo (Warning to non-Christians: there are some Gospel songs on here! )

Also, for those interested in good music, this is a great video by now defunct band "The Heathers" from Birmingham. I've included it because I'm the "Bouncer" in the vid!

If you think they're worth commenting, please feel free to comment.

So, let's hear some music from YOU!
    PLEASE CALL ME GREZ!

Manticore Mantra TT circa 1986 c/w Linn Basik+ Arm and Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge; Cyrus CD8SE CD player 2009; Onix OA-21 amplifier circa 1985; Celestion DL4 speakers, 1985; Apollo Speaker Stands 1987; Sound Organisation Rack 1992.

Obviously separated at birth. The market must be ripe for a gospel/folk/generative/electronica movement. How can we fail to get a Christmas No. 1?

Looks like we're the only AOS musicians to come out so any AOS music is going to have to merge some pretty diverse influences.

On the positive side, Fairports' "Who knows where the time goes" has been consistently in my ten desert island discs for at least the last 35 years.
    Dai

I'm Graeme.

Yeah. However, we can manage it. The beginning of your "Fruit of the Wiffle Tree" puts me in mind a lot of the drum solo section of "Fontessa" by the Modern Jazz Quartet (a personal fave of mine.)

So there's plenty of crossover potential here.
    PLEASE CALL ME GREZ!

Manticore Mantra TT circa 1986 c/w Linn Basik+ Arm and Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge; Cyrus CD8SE CD player 2009; Onix OA-21 amplifier circa 1985; Celestion DL4 speakers, 1985; Apollo Speaker Stands 1987; Sound Organisation Rack 1992.

+ Reply to Thread