+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What goes around, comes around

I'm Nobody.

Default What goes around, comes around

In the 70's in paticoolar it was deemed naughty to take a tape recorder into a live venue especially the bigger bands, it's pretty much always been like this but i'm not intrested in other deacdes.

Don't know if anyones noticed there is an excessive amound of old live recording appearing on official CD, wouldnt it have been a lot nicer to have freely let fans record the gigs, there would have been a lot more available on CD these days bad quality or not, i would be more than happy to hand any live tapes over for official CD release as i'm sure a lot would.Yes they were protecting the band financially, laying the law down but were they? Looks to me they helped put pay to bands extended future income.

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    In the 70's in paticoolar it was deemed naughty to take a tape recorder into a live venue especially the bigger bands, it's pretty much always been like this but i'm not intrested in other deacdes.

Don't know if anyones noticed there is an excessive amound of old live recording appearing on official CD, wouldnt it have been a lot nicer to have freely let fans record the gigs, there would have been a lot more available on CD these days bad quality or not, i would be more than happy to hand any live tapes over for official CD release as i'm sure a lot would.Yes they were protecting the band financially, laying the law down but were they? Looks to me they helped put pay to bands extended future income.

The only major band I can think of that allowed fans to record shows,were The Grateful Dead.They even allowed fans to record on their rtr direct from the mixing desk.
    ATB

David

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    The only major band I can think of that allowed fans to record shows,were The Grateful Dead.They even allowed fans to record on their rtr direct from the mixing desk.
    That doesnt suprise me the amount of GD tapes knocking about

I'm ChrisB.

They also often did a piratical radio broadcast for the fans in whatever town they happened to be in who couldn't get into the show

+ Reply to Thread