+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restoring HiFi

I'm Nobody.

Default Restoring HiFi

A have a question i need a pretty proffesional answer to. The only person i think could possibly head me to right direction is Anthony TD.
    It's regarding the restoration of two Open Reel machines..I have some scratched paint that i will refinish as original but i will lose some transfers. The transfers in question are only a plain Arial style lettering, no brand logos, nothing fancy.

The problem is the best recommendation regarding re appling the transfers, i asked for a pro answer because i know someone will come alsong & say letteraset with applied protective coating.. This isnt what i want to hear but if some permanent transfers are available where you dont have to apply a protective coat over, that would be intresting..

The proper way is screen printing i would think but it realy is a small scale job but on the otherhand i want it right, as if it was never replaced. I noticed the priniting on Anthonys items & wondered how he did that??.

Thanks in advance
    Andr'e

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Andre,

I'd be tempted to send Anthony a PM, as he rarely reads this section of the forum and so is liable to miss your query

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Chris:
    Thanks looks like an option, i don't have lazer Print facility tho.

Yeh thanks Marco..I do totally ignore some sections so i guess you may be right.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Chris:
    Thanks looks like an option, i don't have lazer Print facility tho.

Yeh thanks Marco..I do totally ignore some sections so i guess you may be right.
    There is an inkjet version of the same kind of product available as well - I found this http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk...-paper_151.htm
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Interesting! May try and replace those illusive Meridian decals from the front glass on my 207's!!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    There is an inkjet version of the same kind of product available as well - I found this http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk...-paper_151.htm
    They wont be any good they will leave a clear film around the transfer..Screen printing is the only way really but it's the small scale thing thats the trouble

+ Reply to Thread