+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stabilising puck for TT platter

I'm Graham.

I would be careful of using a heavyweight clamp or puck on the 401 as it will increase load and potentially wear on the bearing. However, if you want a clamp to help flatten out records the lightweight Michell delrin clamp works well on the 401. It can be tightened down on the spindle, doesn't put any weight on the bearing. As mentioned above it doesn't make much sonic difference but may be beneficial in making uneven records more playable. It is also handy for keeping records with oversized holes in the optimum position. It also looks period appropriate on the 401 ��

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    I would be careful of using a heavyweight clamp or puck on the 401 as it will increase load and potentially wear on the bearing. However, if you want a clamp to help flatten out records the lightweight Michell delrin clamp works well on the 401. It can be tightened down on the spindle, doesn't put any weight on the bearing. As mentioned above it doesn't make much sonic difference but may be beneficial in making uneven records more playable. It is also handy for keeping records with oversized holes in the optimum position. It also looks period appropriate on the 401 ��
    very useful info indeed thanks!

I'm Deleted.

It also couples the record more tightly to the the main bearing which, after the motor, is the primary source of noise and rumble - not such a good thing.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12