+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planar 3 counterweight question

I'm steve.

Default Planar 3 counterweight question

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has bought the Sound Improvements counterweight upgrade for a 2016 model Rega Planar 3, seems to be about the best value counterweight for sale atm. Fancy one of these so I can close the lid without contact having raised the armbase to suit my cartridge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOUND-IMP...-/323494277991

Although the RB330 on the new P3 is not quoted in the listing I assume this counterweight will be compatible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Steve, before you spend cash on a better counterweight i would look to upgrade the sub platter, or isolate the motor with an SRM Tech silent base 1st, I think you'll hear a bigger improvement

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm steve.

Default Planar 3 counterweight question

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Steve, before you spend cash on a better counterweight i would look to upgrade the sub platter, or isolate the motor with an SRM Tech silent base 1st, I think you'll hear a bigger improvement
    The subplatter has been upgraded already, I don’t suffer from any motor noise and I have it mounted on the latest lightweight wall mount which is very effective in isolating it. I’m not really expecting any sonic improvement changing the counterweight if there was one it would be a bonus, I just want to get rid of the packing pieces I’ve had to use to stop the lid hitting the counterweight.
    I just wanted confirmation from a P3 owner that it would definitely fit the RB330 stub as I thought I’d read somewhere that the stub diameter had been changed on the 2016 model P3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread