+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: * MINT, boxed as new, Denon DL-S1 MC cartridge - MEGA BARGAIN! *

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up ***MINT, boxed as new, Denon DL-S1 MC cartridge - MEGA BARGAIN!!!***

Ladies and gentlemen,

For sale is my low-hours, minty-mint, boxed as new Denon DL-S1. It should go to a good home because, as I'm streaming more of my music now, digitally, I'm playing less vinyl these days than I used to.

Those of you who heard me demonstrate this cartridge, on my turntable, at one of the NEBO events, or have heard or used one themselves, know how special it, and every other one of its type sounds, possessing the richness and 'soul' of a DL-103, but with the sweetness, sparkle and (quite frankly) staggering wide-open resolution and filigree detailing, produced only by the very best high-end moving coils.

Make no mistake, this is a £3k low-output MC cartridge in ALL but price, and crucially, rarely come up for sale in this condition. Those of you who know me, will know that every piece of equipment I own is treated with the greatest of care, so whoever is lucky enough to become the new owner of this superb cartridge, should be rest assured that it plays beautifully and that the stylus and cantilever are in perfect condition.

As you will see from the pictures below, it comes with all of its original packaging, which is as good as the day I received it, and as an added incentive (if indeed any were needed), I'm including in the sale a set of Dynavector 6N headshell leads, which themselves are worth £35. These match superbly well, sonically, with the DL-S1.

If you can find a brand new one for sale, you can expect to pay upwards of £950.00. However, as ever when I sell things on here, I offer them at an attractive price for AoS members, to allow someone lucky to pick up a genuine BARGAIN. Therefore, I'm asking for £620.00 DELIVERED to any mainland UK address. Shipping abroad is welcome, but will be subject to an extra charge, and advised to the buyer at the point of sale.

Interested parties should either reply here or via PM. But HURRY, because I'm not expecting this one to hang around for long!! Requests for purchase will be treated strictly on a first come, first served basis, so whoever posts here or PMs me FIRST, expressing their interest to purchase, gets it.

Some pics to titillate your tastebuds:

GOOD LUCK, and prepare to rediscover your record collection!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Pm incoming

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sold to Oliver!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Kontrapunkt b Vs Denon DL-S1.

Wow!....... Looking forward to that already.

I'm Alan.

I'll have a tenner on the Kontrapunkt B to win...what odds can I have..?
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm James.

Ha ha, I was just about to say. If you like MC cartridges - this is the one to have! The best MC I have heard by far.

Well done Oli it is a truly superb cartridge. You had a flavour with the 301 but the DL -S1 moves everything to a much higher level.

Will be interesting how it compares with the KB!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mike.

It'll be back up before Xmas

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    I'll have a tenner on the Kontrapunkt B to win...what odds can I have..?
    I think the Kb will take something very special to beat it. Could this be a contender? I don't know, but I had to give it a try.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Ha ha, I was just about to say. If you like MC cartridges - this is the one to have! The best MC I have heard by far.

Well done Oli it is a truly superb cartridge. You had a flavour with the 301 but the DL -S1 moves everything to a much higher level.

Will be interesting how it compares with the KB!
    Cheers Jim,

I only bought because of your opinion on it so if it's shit its your fault

Just kidding, I wanted to try one. I like the 301 but it had nowhere near the quality of the Kb so it makes an interesting comparison piece. They don't pop up all that often in the UK so when one with Marcos seal of approval came up I had to pull the trigger.

It's not the right time for me to be spending large sums of money so Mikey could be right about it being for sale before Christmas. Save your pennies folks, either this or the Kontrapunkt will be up for sale soon!!!!!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post

It's not the right time for me to be spending large sums of money so Mikey could be right about it being for sale before Christmas. Save your pennies folks, either this or the Kontrapunkt will be up for sale soon!!!!!

I'm not sure whether I hope it's better or not, on one hand I nearly bought it to try but I've a big spend coming up soon with my crossovers, and I'm trying to cut down on this spending madness and just enjoy the music, which I am immensely, but on the other, I own a Kb and I'll kick myself every so slightly if you think the S1 betters it. I did like my Zu Denon 103 though and still miss it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast