Author: Nick Magnus
Title: Children of Another God

I bought this through Nick's website a few days ago and have had a good chance to listen to it over the last few days. OK so it's a very modern turn on the old prog rock theme with interjections from John and Steve Hackett but then Nick Magnus was with Steve Hackett's band in the eighties so I guess it's no surprise. In all, the music sounds very like Steve Hackett's albums 'Spectral Mornings' and 'Defector' but strays off into sounding a bit like Mike and the Mechanics as well which just has to be a very bad thing. The recording quality is first class with the overall mix being slightly quiet when compared to most modern highly compressed rubbish and there is also a very healthy line in low frequencies, it's just the Mike and the Mechanics bit that spoils it for me.

Overall I'd say this is a very good album of modern 'soft' prog rock in the eighties style of Steve Hackett with an excellent production and recording. It could've been a little more acceptable had the 'prog' been a bit harder.