+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    Does it come with a teaspoon of liquidity, twice a day?
    I hope so or its be hard to swallow

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    id just like to point out that other opinions are available........
    Yes, sorry mate.

An inclusive thread is a fun thread.

I'm Simon.

Having heard Jamie's I'd say it betters any sp10 ive heard, not heard a new one yet.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Having heard Jamie's I'd say it betters any sp10 ive heard, not heard a new one yet.
    Madness,

I'm going to have to get one here in a Panzerholtz plinth and give it a thorough listening to. Do a full A/B comparison.

Only way to be sure. Good thing I know of one being put together.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    No reason to doubt that, at all.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Simon.

Not to be blowing smoke up Jamie's arse but his deck is probably the most speed stable I've heard. Better than the motus, better than old sp10s, better than the Chronus and all the big dick clearaudios. Quite a bit better than my sme10 was and better than my current deck is by a chunk of change.

Really very very good.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

"better than old sp10s"

Good job mine is fully refurbished and up to modern day spec.

I'm Robert.

Dont doubt the speed stability of the TTS-8000 at all but (audibly) better than an SP-10 ? - thats some statement.

The SP10 is a seriously speced, highend broadcast tt as that was the intent and aim of Technics from the offset, it has superb / 'perfect' speed stabilty - I've heard Angus's.

I'd guess that the SP-10 has better speed stability than my own quartz locked modded 1210 which is again 'perfect' to my ears, no hint of waiver or anything that ears would detect other than tight, pitch-perfect metronomic rhythm.

I doubt very much that the ears would be able to discern one's pitch stabilty better over the other of either deck running without issue at original and correct factory spec'...
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Mike.

Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast