+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vinyl Only Single from Blur

I'm Ralph.

Default Vinyl Only Single from Blur

In order to support Record Shop Day on April 17th Blur () have reformed and done a new tune that will only be available from real record shops as a 7" single.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8611263.stm

I'm Dan.

it doesn't say which shops!

I'm Ralph.

Last edited by REM; 09-04-2010 at 15:46. Reason: Link broken

I'm Dan.

cheers bud, now I just need to find Polar Bear records, and pray they have one in stock!

I'm Nick.

Flaming Lips have a vinyl only-LP, 500 copies - a cover of the Dark Side Of The Moon LP.

And Soft Machine have a limited release of the Live at Henie Onstad Art Centre album too.

There's a stack of good stuff being released as part of this event

http://www.whathifi.com/News/Rega-te...ion-turntable/
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Dan.

did anyone go down and get anything?

It was a fairly crushing disappointment for me to be honest, with the worst blow just now.

I started queueing about an hour before the shop opened, there were about 15 people in front of me, and of the records I was interested in:

Blur: sold out
    Rolling Stones: Never delivered
    Soundgarden: sold out
    Metallica/Black Sabbath split 12": sold out
    Bat For Lashes: Never delivered

Queens Of The Stone Age: I got this on the spur of the moment when I realised I might not get anything else, but I didn't realise I already had every track on it.... still on the bright side it's a nice picture disc

and worst of all:
    Flaming Lips: They said it hadn't been delivered but it would arrive on Monday (yesterday), so I preordered it (paid of course, £25), and have been predictably let down, which means that not only do I not get my record, I have to travel all the way to Kings Heath to get my refund.

incidentally, on the sunday, I perused ebay to see if there had been any nasty people buying the records to sell, and I was shocked to find HUNDREDS of entries, posted on saturday morning (ie they went straight home and immediately posted them), costing ridiculous sums of money. disgusting.

I'm Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post

incidentally, on the sunday, I perused ebay to see if there had been any nasty people buying the records to sell, and I was shocked to find HUNDREDS of entries, posted on saturday morning (ie they went straight home and immediately posted them), costing ridiculous sums of money. disgusting.
    'Tis the way of the world I'm afraid, dunno why I still feel a bit let down though, would have thought vinyl aficionados had a touch more integrity, sadly not.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of those shysters listing stuff on ebay weren't in Piccadilly Records, Manchester on Saturday, I thought I'd got there early enough but couldn't get in the bloody shop, gave up in disgust and went home, cost me a gallon of juice each way and about a fiver to park up all for nothing, you live and learn.

+ Reply to Thread