+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from the Netherlands

Default Hello from the Netherlands

Hello you all,

First introduce myself, my name is Piet (build 1951) and live in the Netherlands in a small village in the southwest (one of the small islands)
    Listening music from Nas/laptop via SB-classic to AudioEngine A5 active speakers and since last week bought the TC-7520 (coax spdif) and Headphone Sennheiser HD595.

Before I bought the 7520 I read a lot of interesting threads of HiFi, modding and recognize a lot of knowledge by the users on this nice forum, and that was one of the reasons to go for this one.

Well, I'm only an interested but average user without the supersonic ears of listening most users have here, but I enjoy learning and reading and who knows in the future I suprise myself with an upgrade.
    (sorry for my poor grammar )

Greetings and cheers,
    Piet

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Piet,
    Welcome to the Art of Sound!
    We all hope that you enjoy yourself here & that you get as much from the place as so many of us do.

Don't worry, we all have human ears here, but I'm now looking for a shop that sells the supersonic ears of listening - I love that phrase!!!! [B] Now that is fantastic!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Hi Piet

I wouldn't worry too much about your grammar either - some of us here have a predilection towards Elizabethan spelling (at least that's the excuse we've heard)

Enjoy the forum.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome, Piet - no apologies on language needed - try posting in Dutch and see how many replies you get from us Brits... (without using Google Translate!)

We are honoured that you chose this forum - lots of Beresford owners, so you made the right choice!

What sort of music do you like?

All that leaves is to say have fun and enjoy AoS.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Hi Piet

Welcome to AOS.

What kind of music do you like?

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    What kind of music do you like?
    I like all kind of music (depends of what mood I'm in) but when I take the time mostly listening to classical and instrumental music

I'm notAlone.

Hi, Piet. Welcome to AoS.

If someone pretends he/she has supersonic ears, don't believe it !
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Don't worry, we all have human ears here, but I'm now looking for a shop that sells the supersonic ears of listening - I love that phrase!!!! [B] Now that is fantastic!
    At your service: http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20051...y-wild-planet/

See, that's what I mean with poor grammar, of course I meant supersensitive ears of listening

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I meant supersensitive ears of listening
    Cool - I feel a new project coming on: an ultra-low milliwatt power amplifier and a pair of supersonic ears of listening

I'm George.

Welcome to AOS Piet.

I have the A5 at my work desk. The Audioengines are nice sounding speakers.
    George

Unless otherwise stated – My system, My room, My ears, My opinions. Measurements & double blind tests? If you're that interested – you do them.
    Kit: Modified Marantz CD7, Eddie Vaughn Carina, Lowther/Graves Audio Speakers, REL Subwoofer Tweaks: (Mapleshade Rack, Mapleshade IC, Kimber Kables, HGA PC, BPT block, Symposium Rollerblocks, Shun Mooks, QRT, Brilliant Pebbles)

+ Reply to Thread