+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How you incorporate your digital library into your system?

Default How you incorporate your digital library into your system?

I spent some time trying to decide how I wanted to incorporate my 30K+ digital song library into my main system. After looking at my options and considering how most of my Living Room audio gear was rack mountable, I decided to go with a server rack mount setup. I check on our local craigslist in Tijuana and San Diego as well as a regional search of eBay as I didn't want to drive far to get this thing. I was able to locate one in very nice shape just across the border in San Diego for a song and a friend helped me to pick it up and bring it home. Online I found an inexpensive rack mounted PC, keyboard and pull out monitor. I installed an Onkyo Wavio SE-200 sound card and fitted out the rack like this:

Compaq Server Rack turned into Audio Rack!

What do you think???

I'm a little late to this party too, but I think you made a very good use of some recyclable racks. The keyboard is great!

Do you use an external DAC or do you read music files off the computer?
    Sansui: G-8000, AU-20000, AU-719, TU-666, TU-717, 2 AX-7s, SE-7, SC-1110, SC-3100, SR-333, SP-2000, SP-2500, RA-500. Yamaha: YP-D71. Denon: DL-160, DVD 2910. Shure V15 Type lll. Dual: 1019. Teac: PD-710M. Senheiser: HD600. Klipsch: Forte II. KLH: Model 10. Atwater Kent AM Console. Zenith: Transoceanic. RCA: Victor. and on and on and on
    The Avatar? June Foray, voice for Rocket J Squirrel.

+ Reply to Thread