+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Creek CD 60.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    Nest installment..

Thats right, the first two times it didn't sell. If you want to see a picture of the damage i'll take one for you no problem. Not tonight though if you don't mind, it's getting late and i'm actually at work. Send me your email address and i will send you a picture when i get a chance.
    Kind regards,
    John.

Who knows? maybe the guy is as honest as the day is long and I am being paranoid?

then I notice he is at work? he has a loft with a CD player in it at work? hmmm...
    Lol, ye of cynical mind - give the bloke a break! Until, at least, he comes up with the photograph...

Alex,

Would you still recommend Steve obtains the CDP, given that it has (apparently) fallen from a loft and suffered significant damage.... How likely repairable would this be?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Alex,

Would you still recommend Steve obtains the CDP, given that it has (apparently) fallen from a loft and suffered significant damage.... How likely repairable would this be?

Marco.
    If it is the one just sold for £78 I would take it in any condition for that price .

Cheers

Alex

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Nikitin View Post
    If it is the one just sold for £78 I would take it in any condition for that price .

Cheers

Alex
    It may be a lose / lose situation regardless...

1, he is lying and finds a pic of another damaged one...

2, he is forced to sell it to me to avoid a neg, so puts a chisel through the board anyway...

I am really annoyed, can't stand slimy little sheisters, known a couple in my time, can't get much lower.

They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    It may be a lose / lose situation regardless...

1, he is lying and finds a pic of another damaged one...

2, he is forced to sell it to me to avoid a neg, so puts a chisel through the board anyway...

I am really annoyed, can't stand slimy little sheisters, known a couple in my time, can't get much lower.

Steve, £78 is not £780.

1) very unlikely to find such a picture.

2) A deliberate damage would be obvious. And these players were made very strong. Unless the PCB is broken in half it should be repairable. And if that is the case it would be dead, not skipping tracks!

I would say, take it as is. If it is dead, I'll take it from you for the price you've paid.

Cheers

Alex

I'm Steve.

Hi alex. Yes I know it is not that much in relative terms, but it is to me, and more than that I let 2 other 1541 machines go while I waited for this ( a rotel and an orelle)

I have asked him to send me a pic anyway, so I will post it here if I get one. He says there is panel damage and it skips but nothing more detailed than that.

Steve

I'm Mark.

I just tried my Creek player, it has been a while since I last used it and that was with the DAC60,
    so I thought I would try it out just on it’s own and you know it really is a fine sounding player.

I would just look out for another example, you don’t see them for sale very often, but they usually
    don’t cost much.

I'm ChrisB.

Why would he take it down from the loft to photograph it to sell on Ebay then put it back up there only to have to take it down again when the auction ends?

Take it!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Why would he take it down from the loft to photograph it to sell on Ebay then put it back up there only to have to take it down again when the auction ends?

Take it!
    Quite. The problem is he will HAVE to damage it wont he otherwise it will be obvious he was lying, and who knows what condition I will get it in!

I just get annoyed when people go back on a deal. I was wondering how he dropped it out of the loft while he was at work?

Mark, you trying to make jealous??? lol

I'm Attila.

Question CD53 tweakery

hi, Alex,
    since it's a Creek CDP, too, and I, though have tried, seemingly can not reach you otherwise, may I ask you to please advise as to how the still excellent performance of the CD53 can be tweaked further up the ladder?
    although the voicing of the player is truly spot-on, my concern is the slightly closed-in/weiled low-midrange, and some perceived lack of air all through the frequency range. to note, as all the factory-standard built-in parts are extremely fine (Panasonic FC and Sanyo Oscon caps, Holco resistors, ON rectifying diodes, BB op-amps, etc.), the only room for improvement appears to be to
    - remove the PCB with the mains filter and the voltage switching parts on, and connect the transformers directly to the mains switch (done, also Deflex sheet put under the trafos> see pic. - helped some, mainly in transparency)
    - replace the 41311 BB op-amps for a dunno-what-type
    - fit a truly high-specced clock
    - and change the otherwise great ON rectifying diodes for Schottkys or Hexfreds...
    any other suggestions?
    thanks
    Attila
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attila

save the trees - eat beavers

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    hi, Alex,
    since it's a Creek CDP, too, and I, though have tried, seemingly can not reach you otherwise, may I ask you to please advise as to how the still excellent performance of the CD53 can be tweaked further up the ladder?
    although the voicing of the player is truly spot-on, my concern is the slightly closed-in/weiled low-midrange, and some perceived lack of air all through the frequency range. to note, as all the factory-standard built-in parts are extremely fine (Panasonic FC and Sanyo Oscon caps, Holco resistors, ON rectifying diodes, BB op-amps, etc.), the only room for improvement appears to be to
    - remove the PCB with the mains filter and the voltage switching parts on, and connect the transformers directly to the mains switch (done, also Deflex sheet put under the trafos> see pic. - helped some, mainly in transparency)
    - replace the 41311 BB op-amps for a dunno-what-type
    - fit a truly high-specced clock
    - and change the otherwise great ON rectifying diodes for Schottkys or Hexfreds...
    any other suggestions?
    thanks
    Attila
    Sorry for offtopic!

Hi Attila,

you can reach me here by a PM - I've tried to email you just yesterday but my mail bounced back from your email server!

Cheers

Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast