+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV/SKY/DVD Connection help required

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Oh, nice one Hamish.

I'm in a pickle at the moment. Our Sky+ box is nearly full and I want to archive some stuff off it, but I'm beginning to think that the DVD REC is too much hassle. I might ditch the it in favour of a DVD/HDD recorder. Or, perhaps I could upgrade to Sky+HD which has more capacity. At the end of the day, recording from the Sky box is a real time affair isn't it?

Any recommendations in the DVD/HDD box market? I'm way out of touch in this area.
    If you record real time to any device you'll be going digital to analogue and then back to digital again, so it won't be the best quality...

To do it properly (and it would invalidate one's warranty if you were to be honest with them), get the HD out of the unit, into a docking station on your PC and use a program called 'Copy+' which will convert the stored digital info to a burnable format.

You can also clone your drive to a bigger one, and reinsert that, that will give you extra storage space for the future. You'll still be stuck with the wasted anytime space, but at least it won't be half the drive any more.

Some people run a SATA cable to a docking station at the back of the Sky box, so you can pop in drives like cartridges.

N.B. I have not done this yet myself, but I am considering it as an option

A link to the forum...
    http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/forum/index.php
    Last edited by WAD62; 07-02-2011 at 12:28.
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123