View Poll Results: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 48.72%
  • No

80 51.28%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

I'm David.

I think PFM suffers from a clique of high volume / low intelligence posters who clog the place with a mix of strident political views and conspiracy theories. AOS would be better off avoiding that, IMHO.

I'm Deleted.

I would tend to agree - the ‘any other business’ section of pfm is best avoided for precisely the reasons you give. There also seem to be a number of contributors whose sole reason for membership appears to be to try to sway people’s political opinion - not through debate, but by misrepresented events.
    Account Deleted

I'm Steve.

I'm worried that the next target will be the posters of inane, pointless crap. What will I have to talk about then? And don't say hifi - I know nothing about it. I don't even have a 'proper' hifi, just a Fidelity record player from the seventies, which I recently upgraded by blowing fluff off the needle.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

In fairness that usually does give a big jump in sound quality.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Deleted.

In extra fairness, yes, I would be entirely in favour of binning (and/or banning) all discussion of pets, food, drink, holidays, pointless random words etc. I know I can just ignore this stuff, and I do, but that means I end up ignoring half the blooming forum!
    Account Deleted

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberdade View Post
    I think PFM suffers from a clique of high volume / low intelligence posters who clog the place with a mix of strident political views and conspiracy theories. AOS would be better off avoiding that, IMHO.
    Point noted, David, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I would rather not have derogatory remarks towards the content of other forums coming into this thread, particularly pfm, which runs harmoniously alongside AoS, and whose owner I have much respect for.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    In extra fairness, yes, I would be entirely in favour of binning (and/or banning) all discussion of pets, food, drink, holidays, pointless random words etc. I know I can just ignore this stuff, and I do, but that means I end up ignoring half the blooming forum!
    I get that, Mark, but the stuff you've listed above, and the banter associated with it, which many of the regulars enjoy, is largely what makes AoS, AoS!

The fact is, you find out much more about what makes people 'tick', out with of hi-fi discussions, when talking about real life issues, and that adds to the 'human' aspect of the site and builds the forum community.

AoS is *so* much more than a bland, rather sober 'hi-fi bulletin board', and whether you enjoy it or not, the off-topic section, and the light-hearted meaningless bollox spouted there, is what gives this place, for some, a big part of its attraction and identity.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

So where do I buy the snake oil ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...and the light-hearted meaningless bollox spouted ..
    Aaahh, is that what it's about

Yesh, and you love the frock talk, especially!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast