+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For sale - Revox A77 and in tapes, in need of a service/overhaul

lordmortlock Guest

Default For sale - Revox A77 and in tapes, in need of a service/overhaul

I’m going to put this on Ebay tomorrow to take advantage of the £3 listing option but thought I’d offer it here first.

I bought this a few years ago from a client who was selling his entire system. I heard it playing in his study and was gonsmacked by the sound, so jumped at the chance, with the intention of recording some of my favourite CDs on to tape. Then I got really back into records, so it’s just been sat in a cupboard ever since.

It powers up well and the spools whizz ‘round at a cracking rate but the pinch roller has perished and will need replacing. It may have other issues that I’m not aware of, so I’ll be listing as ‘for parts or not working’ to be on the safe side.

In good to fair cosmetic condition - there are marks, knocks and polishing swirls on the cover. I’d be happy with it on show in my system though, and I’m a 7.5/10 on the fussy scale.

Comes with a load of leads, the manual and a stack of tapes, mostly opera.

£100 collected from GL5. It’s not post-able.

I'm Andrew.

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lordmortlock Guest

Sold stp to that man. Thanks Andy

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Sold in 9 minutes! That's another rapid sale record.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hardly surprising. That was a proper bargain!

I'm Andrew.

How could I resist

lordmortlock Guest

Great to meet you Andy! Pm me your address and I’ll stick those valves in the post

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Great to meet you Andy! Pm me your address and I’ll stick those valves in the post
    Top man , cheers Jake

I'm Mike.

What a lovely looking machine

Never seen an A with a cover
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

+ Reply to Thread