+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale: Celestion Ditton 15 XR Speakers in Excellent condition

I'm Don.

Default For Sale: Celestion Ditton 15 XR Speakers in Excellent condition

If you are looking for a perfect pair of Celestion Ditton 15 XR Speakers, well you've found them! Totally original drivers throughout, no chips, dents or scratches, truly immaculate...
    Drivers are perfect, cabinets/woodwork are perfect, badge and grills are in order.
    BTW, they sound good too!
    1 owner from new, non smoking.
    £110

Collection only, Audition very welcome, I'm based in North London near Turnpike lane tube.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

PM on the way Don.

Tim
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Excellent speakers, Don, only really appreciated on the end of a quality modern system, and not as they would've originally been used in the 70s, on the end of a piss-poor budget vinyl set-up.

I'm currently enjoying mine with some Sean Rowe... If Tim buys your 15XRs, he'll have a nice alternative to his Harbeths!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm currently enjoying mine with some Sean Rowe...
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    PM on the way Don.

Tim
    Replied thanks.

I'm Don.

Yes Marco, got them attached to a single input ECC83 pre + Amcron 300A + Philips TDA1541 Single crown CDP + John Martyn SA CD..."Volante" gave a thumbs up when he popped round last week..nice bloke BTW...in fact, you're all decent Lads and Ladettes over at AOS..... pat on backs moment.

I'm Don.

SOLD STP

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Yes Marco, got them attached to a single input ECC83 pre + Amcron 300A + Philips TDA1541 Single crown CDP + John Martyn SA CD..."Volante" gave a thumbs up when he popped round last week..nice bloke BTW...in fact, you're all decent Lads and Ladettes over at AOS..... pat on backs moment.
    I think I know that pre?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Don.

Default that pre...

hi Lorenzo, yes that was urs...put a Mazda ECC83 NOS and it performs well...
    softens and give the Tranny (Amcron 300A that is) a better sound stage...
    I like simplicity & short circuit runs in a pre...bit like some of the basic Croft Micro's...

+ Reply to Thread