Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can your System Convey Emotion

I'm Peter.

Ok, point taken.

I think I will leave it there.

Comments appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

I am not familiar with that recording, but I do know what you mean about conveying emotion. I recently went through a long process of trying to get my system to sing. But, I know I’ve finally got it right because it can now convey emotion, and I can select many recordings that can easily draw a tear if I’m doing some serious listening. Not sad music mind you, just moving performances.

Russell

I'm Shaun.

Oh yeah indeed. Mark Knopfler's album Kill to get Crimson and the track True Love Will Never Fade. The little tiny almost minute inflections he puts into just a few guitar notes make me bloody shiver. Also got it on vinyl and it is no better than the CD.

I'm inactive.

A couple of songs by Snow Patrol used to get me near tears when I first heard them, no idea why - possibly the guy's voice and phrasing.

Didn't matter whether they were played on a hifi or crappy car stereo ....

A lot of songs I hear on the radio evoke rage when I hear them - mainly because they are utter shite.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    A couple of songs by Snow Patrol used to get me near tears when I first heard them, no idea why - possibly the guy's voice and phrasing.

Didn't matter whether they were played on a hifi or crappy car stereo ....

A lot of songs I hear on the radio evoke rage when I hear them - mainly because they are utter shite.
    Thank you all for your positive comments. It's different music for different folk.

Personally, I don't dismiss nothing until I heard it.

Apart from the fact that music ( regardless of gender) got me through my cancer treatment.

Peter (sorry a bit deep)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Thank you all for your positive comments. It's different music for different folk.

Personally, I don't dismiss nothing until I heard it.

Apart from the fact that music ( regardless of gender) got me through my cancer treatment.

Peter (sorry a bit deep)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well Pete, that's you and I with the same T shirt - music got me through my chemo too, until I found it too fatiguing to listen to.
    Chemo can be pretty heavy stuff to deal with - you feel fine beforehand, but the thing that cures you makes you feel shittier than you could ever imagine.

I'll listen to anything once, for at least as long as it takes me to get bored with it - could be 15 seconds, or it could be 15 years.
    I really didn't like what I heard from Agency - they're on the 15 second end of the scale.
    It doesn't make my lack of tolerance for what they do any kind of arbiter for taste, but I really did disconnect within 15 seconds.

I dislike what I heard of Agency as much as I dislike London Grammar, so don't take my comments personally
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Well Pete, that's you and I with the same T shirt - music got me through my chemo too, until I found it too fatiguing to listen to.
    Chemo can be pretty heavy stuff to deal with - you feel fine beforehand, but the thing that cures you makes you feel shittier than you could ever imagine.

I'll listen to anything once, for at least as long as it takes me to get bored with it - could be 15 seconds, or it could be 15 years.
    I really didn't like what I heard from Agency - they're on the 15 second end of the scale.
    It doesn't make my lack of tolerance for what they do any kind of arbiter for taste, but I really did disconnect within 15 seconds.

I dislike what I heard of Agency as much as I dislike London Grammar, so don't take my comments personally
    Ah ha Geoff,

Now I understand!!!

London Grammar......... perhaps that’s where we differ. “A Girl looking for love”, but never finds it. A bit like me really. Ha ha!

Two of my favorite albums..... sorry

Peter

I'm joe.

Yeah, my systems can convey emotions, but so can a cheap radio, or car stereo, if the music and my mood are 'right'. Hell, I still well up at the closing scene in The Railway Children.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Yeah, my systems can convey emotions, but so can a cheap radio, or car stereo, if the music and my mood are 'right'. Hell, I still well up at the closing scene in The Railway Children.
    How true, we spend all this money on “State of the Hi-Fi kit” and you end up dancing in the motor... listening to tunes.

Whatever turns you on !!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Nothing to do with Jenny Agutter of course!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast