As reported in my wanted ad in the sales forum, I got hold of some rubber Durulay underlay and promised to report back.

Well I've cut several sets of squares off and stick them under the feet of my gear, except my Metrum dac is small so I just cut a bigger square and sat it on top.

Results so far compared to my Sorbothane hemispheres, smoother sound and more warmth but at the same time no loss of fine detail (to quote Audio Physic). Quite a good upgrade I have to say. Bear in mind I have glass shelves, I'm not sure it would work well with wooden shelves, given my experience with Sorbothane.

If I had desktop speakers, I wouldn't mind trying it under them. Or maybe bookshelf speakers between them and the stands

If a couple of people want to try it too, chuck us a quid for the postage and I'll cut you off a bit that should be enough for a few sets of squares to go under feet or support most things under the corner. You can't really go wrong given the price of supports these days! (It might need a double layer under a power amp's feet to have the same effect, worth playing around with anyway.)

If others find the same effect and there's demand, it might be worth me splitting up the roll. I imagine there's enough for several dozen systems at least (including bigger bits like under my dac) if not hundreds for feet pads only.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk