+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Celestion Ditton 66 Renovation thread

I'm Rod.

Smile Finally listening to my fully recabineted (is that a word) and recapped Studio 66's

Finally enjoying my Studio 66's now running in nicely after placing onto some DIY carbon Fibre supports, elevating these lovely things really gets the best out of the bass and using carbon supports makes the cabinets more invisible audibly. I'm so surprised overtime as I listen on how great they are for a 1970's speaker.
    I tri-wired the recapped crossovers so I can bi-amp or tri-amp them. But just enjoying them with the Avondale Audio mono power amps and a valve driven Conrad Johnson (clone) preamp heavily modded, paper and oil output caps are devine. They are so efficient too sooo good on classical as well as Jazz and guitar rock. Happy man.

Celestion Studio 66 pair on carbon supports Large.jpgCelestion Studio 66 restored on carbon supports Large.jpg
    Goldring G99 with Hydraulic reference arm, Logic DM101 TT, Rega 250, litz modded, Raspberry Pi3, Justboom Digi HAT spdif into Chord Mojo DAC, Avondale modded Naim CD6. Amplification: Valve - Leak TL12+ pair, Passive pre home made, SolidState - RMS T65 monoblocks, Grad One preamp. Celestion Studio 66 monitors (restored) on carbon fibre stands, RMS Revelation 2's and Revelation 1's, Stands Unique Klarity. Stands Unique Carbon, TWS Wall supports, Avondale Audio black link cable.

I'm Ken.

When I had my 66's I had both types of midrange.
    I preferred the sound of the early type.
    When I compared, I made the appropriate changes to the the cap values for each type.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123