Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for clean Brexit referendum

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is this your attempt to have the last word?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Nope, you’re quite right. Sixteen year-olds shouldn’t be allowed to vote at all. They’re old enough to marry, have kids, enlist and die for their country (as many did 100 years ago) but they’re definitely not capable of rational thought. .
    Although we were one of the last countries to abolish so called 'child soldiers' you can't go on active service now until you are 18. You can't marry under 18 without permission of a parent or guardian. Yes they can legally have sex and perhaps children as a result, but I don't count that as a qualification for voting rights.

I see you point in that any age group can be 'unqualified' to vote but I think with age 18 is the lower limit and we have that already. Otherwise you are just making a bad situation worse: Lets have even more people who are utterly clueless voting!

Just doesn't work for me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Can marry in Scotland at 16.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Can you vote for anyone there at 16?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

The referendum, and afaik now can vote in local and Scottish parliamentary elections.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The referendum, and afaik now can vote in local and Scottish parliamentary elections.
    So they could vote in the EU ref? Or just the Scottish independence one?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Not In eu ref. That was a uk vote
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    "THE PEOPLE" are largely........the public at large. Many being part of an ill educated rabble who don't buy newspapers or read (if they can) any other source of information. At a guess, I'd say maybe 50% of the population are totally incapable of understanding anything more demanding than a betting slip.
    So the opposite of ill educated rabble is newspapers buyers? I NEVER buy newspapers, not because I'm thick (though I am a bit), but because I don't trust them to give me the truth on anything important without twisting the "facts" to suit someone's agenda, and for unimportant stuff I've got YouTube.

I'm not sure ANYONE knew all of the consequences of leaving the EU. A few may have had some idea, but only in terms of how it affected them personally. Why else would politicians, even ones within the same party have such conflicting views on the subject?

The leave vote is what it is, and to have a new referendum would just take the piss out of the democracy we supposedly live in. Although those that told us lies (Bobby Boris Johnson and his Shit-kickers) should be put in the stocks and pelted with rotten fruit shaped house bricks.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Kevin.

Threads like this amuse me.
    The pound is going to be worth next to nothing.
    All the major companies will leave the U.K. as customs charges come into play, and the country will carry on going down the pan.

The fact that the majority voted based on false truths (the extra millions going into the NHS and the immigration issues) to leave is laughable. You will leave the EU, still pay the same fees as before and have no benefits from being a member.
    What could possibly go wrong?

The EU are making an example of the U.K. so it is not going to be an easy ride!

I am remaining in the EU.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Scotland voted to remain in but were out voted by the damned Sassanachs. Lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast