Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for clean Brexit referendum

I'm Steve.

Wake me up when it's over. With a nice cup of tea.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Bigman80 Guest

More desperate ploys by the remoaners.

To not carry out the will of the voting majority, however marginal, is to end the democratic society our ancestors fought to build, and one we fight to maintain.

Whether you agree or disagree with the result, its irrelevant.

The country had ample time to educate themselves on the subject before placing their vote. If they didn't do it, they only have themselves to blame if they are now unhappy with the decision they made when they voted.

There should be NO 2nd referendum and the remoaners should get on with their lives. The sour grapes of the remoaners makes me sick. This is a land of democracy, if you don't like it, move out of it.

We ARE leaving the EU. The decision has been made by the majority.

Written from someone who is completely sick of the behaviour of the remoaners.

I'm Geoff.

We'll get stitched up either way. The whole thing is probably being stirred and steered by 'big money', who won't actually care which way things go, as long as good deals are on the table. It's all bollocks!!

I'm Steve.

Whatever the outcome, it will be used as an excuse for rising prices for years.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    More desperate ploys by the remoaners.

To not carry out the will of the voting majority, however marginal, is to end the democratic society our ancestors fought to build, and one we fight to maintain.

Whether you agree or disagree with the result, its irrelevant.

The country had ample time to educate themselves on the subject before placing their vote. If they didn't do it, they only have themselves to blame if they are now unhappy with the decision they made when they voted.

There should be NO 2nd referendum and the remoaners should get on with their lives. The sour grapes of the remoaners makes me sick. This is a land of democracy, if you don't like it, move out of it.

We ARE leaving the EU. The decision has been made by the majority.

Written from someone who is completely sick of the behaviour of the remoaners.
    You have a very personal view of democracy - given that there is no longer a majority for tory brexit in the UK, that huge reputational and financial damage has been inflicted already and will be to greater extent inflicted on the UK should this course proceed, and that illegality permeated the referendum process, at what point does the population being able to vote on this - from a more informed position - become undemocratic?

If, as you imply, it was the will of the people, you must surely be confident of a win in the event of a re-run?

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    FFS! There is enough BREXIT on every other media! Can't we at least keep it off AOS?

If not, at least have a musical underpinning to it! Songs of a Vassal Nation! Music to Break Up By? Solitary Tunes?

Maybe we should have a referendum on that!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ff1d1l View Post
    You have a very personal view of democracy - given that there is no longer a majority for tory brexit in the UK, that huge reputational and financial damage has been inflicted already and will be to greater extent inflicted on the UK should this course proceed, and that illegality permeated the referendum process, at what point does the population being able to vote on this - from a more informed position - become undemocratic?
    Tory Brexit? Didn't the entire nation vote? a

Thelance of the government is irrelevant. The only thing that matters when it's boiled down to its essence is that we, the people of this country, voted for what we felt and the decision was reached.

It's not a personal view, it's the very essence of democracy.

The Government are who have to carry out our will. Whoever is doing it doesn't really matter.

I'm Nial.

Tory Brexit? Didn't the entire nation vote? a

Thelance of the government is irrelevant. The only thing that matters when it's boiled down to its essence is that we, the people of this country, voted for what we felt and the decision was reached.

It's not a personal view, it's the very essence of democracy.

The Government are who have to carry out our will. Whoever is doing it doesn't really matter.
    I think further "discussion" would be pointless.

For others, the petition is here
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223729/

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ff1d1l View Post
    I think further "discussion" would be pointless.

For others, the petition is here
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223729/
    Nial,

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is completely unsolvable. If anything, the general war between remoaners v Brexiteers has displayed just that.

Let's stick to the hifi because when religion or politics get involved, the discussion is always personal.

I'm Nial.

Nial,

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is completely unsolvable. If anything, the general war between remoaners v Brexiteers has displayed just that.

Let's stick to the hifi because when religion or politics get involved, the discussion is always personal.
    What I meant, Olli...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast