Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for clean Brexit referendum

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

The whole thing has been a shambles and we are heading now to what looks like a no Deal brexit or it seems likely.
    God knows what's going to happen if that is the result, I guess the best thing to do is keep playing music and stop thinking about it, out of our hands.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    I don't believe consumers are particularly educated, or have the time and the energy to become so. That people are getting fatter and that your children's generation has a lower life expectation than you, is quite probably evidence of that. I don't believe either, that we will get some great trade deal with the likes of the US without bending over and taking it. In negotiations, size is power and power always gets what it wants ... which is why of course we are better off negotiating as part of the EU.

Indeed, that lovely Boris Johnson bloke has all our best interests at heart (even if Rees-Mogg is clearly just out for himself). But it sounds like you and your retired history profs have it all figured out; that's got to be the very definition of living in the past, hasn't it?
    Like I said, don’t believe everything you read in the groan. And yes it’s perfectly possible to think Boris Johnson is a complete pillock yet still come round to believing Brexit could be a positive thing long term for the UK.

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    And yes it’s perfectly possible to think Boris Johnson is a complete pillock yet still come round to believing Brexit could be a positive thing long term for the UK.
    "Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
    Alice in Wonderland.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ff1d1l View Post
    "Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
    Alice in Wonderland.
    Arrogant condescending bollocks didn’t win the referendum argument at the time. What makes you think itll work now?

All those non EU countries look at the idiots lapping up the EU propaganda and laugh at them. I have a colleague in Switzerland who simply can’t understand what on earth our quivering, fearful Remoaners are so worried about.

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Arrogant condescending bollocks didn’t win the referendum argument at the time. What makes you think itll work now?

All those non EU countries look at the idiots lapping up the EU propaganda and laugh at them. I have a colleague in Switzerland who simply can’t understand what on earth our quivering, fearful Remoaners are so worried about.
    Well, aside from describing Lewis Carrol as "arrogant condescending bollocks" - surely a first - the referendum surely was won by exactly such arrogant condescending bollocks, if I can borrow your phrase.
    I give you project fear, the bus, the we don't need experts.
    Just the first three that came to mind.

And as leavers on here have no hesitation into descending into ad hom - I'll also point out that this is surely a sure sign that they are on shaky ground and feel their position threatened.
    Let's have some credible, (not ERG funded jism) facts posted by leavers which credibly demonstrate tory brexit will bring:
    Better economic performance, short and long term.
    Trade deals with no loss of sovereignty.
    Lower immigration without the health service and agriculture keeling over.
    Yeah, I know, I could so easily add controls on oligarch money laundering in London, proper taxation of mega corporations, addressing offshore tax avoidance, but we'll leave it to those first three. And facts, not "I believe" or "I have a mate that" or "stupid remoaners won't have this". Some FACTS, by someone reasonably expert will do nicely.

I'm Steve.

Some facts, by someone reasonably expert? Good luck with that one, you may have a bit of a wait. Did you bring a flask?

Seriously, I don't believe that what you're asking for exists, although they will start to appear in the fullness of time, to say 'I knew this would happen'.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Some facts, by someone reasonably expert? Good luck with that one, you may have a bit of a wait.
    Damn right.

Reading through some of the posts here is quite entertaining. So many giving the impression they think they have 'the high ground', when of course they don't. 'Cos there ain't none!......Yet....................And what's that funny smell? Is it indignation or could it possibly be self righteousness?

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Some facts, by someone reasonably expert? Good luck with that one, you may have a bit of a wait. Did you bring a flask?

Seriously, I don't believe that what you're asking for exists, although they will start to appear in the fullness of time, to say 'I knew this would happen'.
    https://www.parliament.uk/documents/...l-Briefing.pdf

I'm Martin.

Economics - it is impossible to say how the experiment will work out until we conduct it. No-one can be an expert on a system so large and with so many variables that cannot be quantified. There are credible arguments that go both ways on this.

Loss Of Sovereignty in trade deals - you'll need to define what you mean by sovereignty. To me it is a legal term, Whose court has the last say? If we had a trade deal with the USA would the U.S Supreme Court have the last say in matters of English Law? No it wouldn't. As a member of the EU a UK Court does not have the last say. I find that unacceptable.

Labour shortage due to Lower Immigration - the point here is that you do not necessarily have lower immigration you just have control over who you allow to immigrate. If you need doctors and nurses or whatever , they can immigrate. You don't want unskilled labourers because you have enough of them unemployed here already, so you don't let them immigrate.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If we had a trade deal with the USA would the U.S Supreme Court have the last say in matters of English Law? No it wouldn't.
    It would do in some cases under TTIP. There should be more trepidation over that being implemented than anything involving the EU.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast