Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for clean Brexit referendum

I'm Neil.

Default Petition for clean Brexit referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    More desperate ploys by the remoaners.

To not carry out the will of the voting majority, however marginal, is to end the democratic society our ancestors fought to build, and one we fight to maintain.

Whether you agree or disagree with the result, its irrelevant.

The country had ample time to educate themselves on the subject before placing their vote. If they didn't do it, they only have themselves to blame if they are now unhappy with the decision they made when they voted.

There should be NO 2nd referendum and the remoaners should get on with their lives. The sour grapes of the remoaners makes me sick. This is a land of democracy, if you don't like it, move out of it.

We ARE leaving the EU. The decision has been made by the majority.

Written from someone who is completely sick of the behaviour of the remoaners.
    OK, but how about The Conservatives including exiting the single market and customs union into their manifesto, despite neither being mentioned in the referendum?

They did this due to The Salisbury Convention, which means that the Lords will not oppose a second or third reading of anything included in a party manifesto. This to me is backdooring.

Add to this that VoteLeave have been found guilty of illegal activity, and the vicious media propaganda, social media opinion influencing / NHS bus bullshit around it, and you can understand why so many people are pissed.

The real reason we are leaving, it all comes down to money, is that in Jan 2019, the EU is putting aggressive anti money laundering laws in place, which would slam the City of London hard, and of course affect 1%’ers offshore bank accounts / tax avoidance schemes, newspaper owners included of course.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    OK, but how about The Conservatives including exiting the single market and customs union into their manifesto, despite neither being mentioned in the referendum?

They did this due to The Salisbury Convention, which means that the Lords will not oppose a second or third reading of anything included in a party manifesto. This to me is backdooring.

Add to this that VoteLeave have been found guilty of illegal activity, and the vicious media propaganda, social media opinion influencing / NHS bus bullshit around it, and you can understand why so many people are pissed.
    Again, I have to state the obvious.

For a half of an entire nation to suddenly be "surprised" that politicians are not always truthful, seems unreal to me.

Personally, I don't care whether we are in or out of rlghr EU, it has no immediate effect on anything that concerns me.

What has got on my tits, is that we are a democratic national and the losing side of a legal vote is crying like babies.

I don't care about the politics because it's irrelevant. It doesn't really make any difference what any of us think, those electect are they to run the country on our behalf. That means when a vote is held, they carry out the result to the best of their ability.

Tory Brexit, and all the other bullshit titles are only there to cause more division.

The entire nation got to have a say on whether we remained or not. If you didn't A) educate YOURSELF & B) do it BEFORE your vote, you have no right to cry foul after it.

The majority voted out. That's the only thing that matters.

I'm Adam.

Nial,

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is completely unsolvable. If anything, the general war between remoaners v Brexiteers has displayed just that.

Let's stick to the hifi because when religion or politics get involved, the discussion is always personal.
    As an aside, if you’re going to use the derogatory term “remoaners”, perhaps you ought to refer to their opposition as”Brexitards” for balance?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

I fine with having another Brexit vote providing we can re-start the World Cup from the semi finals and we re-play the Champions League final again.

And if England and Liverpool lose again I reserve the right to demand another re-start.

What? What do you mean that's not how it works in the real world?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

To be fair, Ireland were given two goes at their EU vote...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Arguing for another vote, is a bit like what they do in America in criminal trials in some states or federal prosecutions and where double jeapardy may not apply. If you are tried for an alleged crime and aquitted or given a mistrial, they simply re-arrest you on a variation of the charge and try you again until they get the result they want, a conviction. They'll even trump up other charges if the first fails, like conspiracy for instance and tack those on.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    As an aside, if you’re going to use the derogatory term “remoaners”, perhaps you ought to refer to their opposition as”Brexitards” for balance?
    How about 'Remoaners' and 'Wrecksiteers'?
    Barry

I'm Gary.

I didn't read all of the posts from the beginning, couldn't be arsed.

I have to correct a readily held misconception below Oli.

We do not live in a democracy, but an elected autocracy. We vote in MP's who are a political party orientated.

They do not represent us, they represent the political party.

There are not many free votes in the House of Commons, MP's vote is dictated by the Party Whip, who reflects the dictat of the Party Leader.

So our "democracy" is the result of Party Leaders views hardly a democracy!

Only my observation of how things work.

Gary

Again, I have to state the obvious.

For a half of an entire nation to suddenly be "surprised" that politicians are not always truthful, seems unreal to me.

Personally, I don't care whether we are in or out of rlghr EU, it has no immediate effect on anything that concerns me.

What has got on my tits, is that we are a democratic national and the losing side of a legal vote is crying like babies.

I don't care about the politics because it's irrelevant. It doesn't really make any difference what any of us think, those electect are they to run the country on our behalf. That means when a vote is held, they carry out the result to the best of their ability.

Tory Brexit, and all the other bullshit titles are only there to cause more division.

The entire nation got to have a say on whether we remained or not. If you didn't A) educate YOURSELF & B) do it BEFORE your vote, you have no right to cry foul after it.

The majority voted out. That's the only thing that matters.

I'm Steve.

Nial,

I think it's safe to say that this discussion is completely unsolvable. If anything, the general war between remoaners v Brexiteers has displayed just that.

Let's stick to the hifi because when religion or politics get involved, the discussion is always personal.
    Amen to that!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast